MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tired to change the color of the earlier F3's? The Orangey color illumination doesn't do it for me haha.

Also do we have any evidence of an advantage to having a high mount system? I know that he WSS bikes and lots of racers have them. I assume that it makes more power due to the longer plumbing. But specifically what advantage does it have? I was under the impression that the longer pipes make more bottom end....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you mean exchange the dash? I can’t see how you would be able to change the display colour of the dash unit

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanx Strider. I didn’t know that.
I’ll follow with keen interest. Would like to do the same if possible

·
Registered
609 Posts
On your Exhaust, question. I can say this only in the scope of my experience.

The high mount will indeed give you more bottom and midrange power without any significant loss of power up top. I ended up going with a full system with high mount and as much as I thought and felt the FM slip on I had was great looking, it seemed to give a bit of a hole in the midrange, and sounded like crap in my opinion.

I am going to be looking at adding a F3 675 for my Girlfriend to join the F3 800, and we will be adding a high mount on hers also.

As for the Dash, this might be a simple case of sodering new lights in the dash. I agree the orange color sucks.

·
Registered
565 Posts
There are guys that can solder in what you need for changing light colors. Don't try it yourself unless skilled at electronics soldering. You have to be precise with those tiny solder points.

How about some colored tint? Can do some orange plus something to create a new color.

But... isn't Orange the New Black?

·
Registered
114 Posts
High mount exhaust also makes it easier to change the rear tire. I had a low mount Termi on my F3 and I had to remove the can every time I wanted to change tires. Since it was a track only bike, it saw a decent amount of tire changes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You dont happen to have before and after dynos do you? 0:)

Thanks very much for your input and first hand experience!

On your Exhaust, question. I can say this only in the scope of my experience.

The high mount will indeed give you more bottom and midrange power without any significant loss of power up top. I ended up going with a full system with high mount and as much as I thought and felt the FM slip on I had was great looking, it seemed to give a bit of a hole in the midrange, and sounded like crap in my opinion.

I am going to be looking at adding a F3 675 for my Girlfriend to join the F3 800, and we will be adding a high mount on hers also.

As for the Dash, this might be a simple case of sodering new lights in the dash. I agree the orange color sucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts