MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally picked up the Brutale last week thursday, but there wasnt enough time to fit any accessories so I just rode it home.
On Friday morning I packed a backpack and myself and a few friends were going to the Drakensburg Mountains for a weekend ride around the passes.

I cant believe how this bike just cries for more, you chuck it into the twisties as hard as you can, and you just hearing it shouting back at you "is that the best you can do" its absolutely awesome.

The long distance comfort however leaves a lot to be desired, its not unbearably uncomfortable, but you do need to stop for a stretch at least every 200km

There are two things about this bike that are absolutely [email protected] crap, the 1st is the reset procedure of the tripmeter, the 2nd is the ball on the end of the footpeg.
The tripmeter requires a PhD to be reset and even following the owners manual chapter line and verse doesnt work.
The ball on the edge of the footpeg digs into the ball of my foot to the point were the irritation becomes unbearable.
I have now changed the footpegs - so this is now much better, as for the tripmeter, I need someone to tell me what the "ACTUAL" procedure is.

At 1st i tried to use my Oxford soft bags, but they were too close to the OEM exhaust and probably would have burnt, that why I used the backpack, but in the future if I decide to take it on a long tour, I will use the Oxford soft panniers

Here are a few pics of the group

Packed ready to go

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a thread around here somewhere that shows a shortcut to the trip reset. If I recall correctly, it is something along the lines of:
- Set for 5 seconds;
- Set for 1 second;
- OK for 5 seconds;
- OK for 5 seconds;
- Set for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Brutale Cheat Sheet attached - courtesy of another forum member (I forgot who originally posted it...)

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks - I'll give it a try

I forgot to mention that the bike is run in after one weekend away odometer now reads 1047km

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I can relate. It is very addictive, especially if you give it a good rev. The sound is something else above 8000.
I find for the longer highway runs it is better to move right back on the seat.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brutale Cheat Sheet attached - courtesy of another forum member (I forgot who originally posted it...)
Thanks for the cheat sheet
Reading thru the sheet it appears my problem was the engine was not on and the sidestand was down, yes the ignition was on - but the sidestand was still down.
Will this make that much difference ??

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good to hear someone who appreciates and uses his MV. :)
I need a break at 100km. And at 200km I need a refuel.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Brut920 glad you have finally taken delivery of the bike, Best colour aswell . Sounds like a great first weekend on the bike and at least all the running in is over and done with in one go . Now you can let her rev a bit more .Really enjoying mine, roll on some warmer weather . Have you fitted the Arrow system yet? Post some decent pics up when you have .Thanks .

Colin

·
Registered
449 Posts
....save yourself the effort of having to strap stuff down, what a pain.....Ventura is the only way to go....ugly as a hatfull but fantastic for going as fast as you want without having to worry about your luggage.......also you can zip 2 bags together like I have in the photo if your going away for a while......

....and what do you mean uncomfortable????? this is probably the most comfortable long distance bike I have ever had, 800k days are no probs......

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
....and what do you mean uncomfortable????? this is probably the most comfortable long distance bike I have ever had, 800k days are no probs......
Yes - agreed I do need to find a better solution for the luggage

The discomfort for me, all revolved around the footpegs, 1st the ball on the end of the footpeg was digging into the ball of my foot, and 2nd at 6ft I found the footrests a little to rearset, so I am investigating a set of rearsets, but I will just set them lower not further back.

Is the ventura rack an off the shelf item ???

·
Registered
449 Posts
.....Yes they are readily available off the shelf, use the following link for the fitment for your bike.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/fitments.aspx?manu=MV Agusta

it really is the only way to be able to ride the way you like to ride without having to worry about luggage straps moving, backpack wrecking you back and shoulders. I have ridden with mine at 250kph without any issues. I also have one on my F4.......

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts