MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone.
From the Charlotte area, and I’ve always been attracted to the brand. 20 years ago, my friend and I (he rode; I didn’t… yet) would talk about how beautiful MV Agusta’s were while in tech school. I was into design, and had followed Massimo Tamburini for awhile. The F4 had debuted a couple years ago, and the Brutale was new. We were both smitten, daydreaming about them while getting drunk and lusting over the idea of owning one someday.

I bought my first bike a few years later (a Buell XB, which I still have and ride), and fell deeper into motorcycles than even those who got me into them. I built a career in professional racing and auto restoration over the last 20 years, and just recently bought my first MV Agusta: a ‘02 F4 750S.

Anyways, I’m in the middle of restoring it. I want to go ahead and thank you all for the knowledge I’ve already gleaned from stalking the site over the last few months. It’s been really nice to have this board as a resource. I’ll post pics (and maybe a few stories) as the build progresses.

As a teaser, here’s the bike when I bought it. She has been parked since September of 2011. It’s been a wonderful experience so far. Stay tuned…

Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
Welcome to the family !!!! Charlotte is not so far away, let me know if you need help/advise.

Reactions: Daegoba

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
Seems to me you’ll do a great job. Please post progress pics along the way. These kinds of posts are dear to many on here. —Giving life back to a deserving design. Thanks for joining!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome!

What the story behind that bike (and others)? What other bikes were around it? Pics?
Well, when I bought my Buell, I met this guy that lived on the other side of the block from me who had a few taillights peeking out from his covered carport. I eventually stopped in and introduced myself. We became friends. He actually introduced me to my wife years into our friendship! Anyways, our friendship grew, and he is the one who really turned me into a Motorcyclist. It was his bike, and after years of asking, he finally sold it to me.

He’s an industrial architect, and has since “mileaged out” from riding. He’s got several bikes. The ones in the pic are an ‘02 Duke 640, and an ‘03’K1200S.
After we agreed to the deal, he took me to his storage unit, and showed me a treasure trove of CB Hondas, an Duc Sport Classic, some other BMWs, and his other F4, a track bike that is all red.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the family !!!! Charlotte is not so far away, let me know if you need help/advise.
Man thank you so much! I’m kind of having a fit finding a set of the Magneti Marelli IWP 048 fuel injectors… help with that would be great! I’m trying to avoid the Chinese stuff on eBay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems to me you’ll do a great job. Please post progress pics along the way. These kinds of posts are dear to many on here. —Giving life back to a deserving design. Thanks for joining!
I have always tried to be really good about documenting experiences like this. I usually wait until the end, but maybe I can put something together weekly for you guys.

·
Registered
398 Posts
So glad you took good photos before cleaning it up. And damn, did it clean up nicely!
The '02 & '03 were great 750's. The all silver F4 is special in my book. Stunning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So glad you took good photos before cleaning it up. And damn, did it clean up nicely!
The '02 & '03 were great 750's. The all silver F4 is special in my book. Stunning.
I’ve been told that only 50 made it here in 2002, but I don’t know where or how to verify that. Either way-I am a fan if the all silver. I even had the extra set of wheels painted silver to match. It’s gonna be a show stopper.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, when I bought my Buell, I met this guy that lived on the other side of the block from me who had a few taillights peeking out from his covered carport. I eventually stopped in and introduced myself. We became friends. He actually introduced me to my wife years into our friendship! Anyways, our friendship grew, and he is the one who really turned me into a Motorcyclist. It was his bike, and after years of asking, he finally sold it to me.

He’s an industrial architect, and has since “mileaged out” from riding. He’s got several bikes. The ones in the pic are an ‘02 Duke 640, and an ‘03’K1200S.
After we agreed to the deal, he took me to his storage unit, and showed me a treasure trove of CB Hondas, an Duc Sport Classic, some other BMWs, and his other F4, a track bike that is all red.
Great story! Thanks for sharing. Your friend has a nice collection of bikes. The F4 is in good hands now.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
Send your injectors to "Race City Injectors" in Mooresville....they'll sort them out for you. It's what they do (unless you broke one !!)

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
backup service is offered by Bill, Mr. Injector

1 - 20 of 30 Posts