MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 1st day out on the new bike today. It attracted lots of interest from other riders. You don't see many MV's out & about here. Very nice bike to ride. Smoothest bike in the gearbox & handling that I've ever ridden. A screw on a panel under the fuel tank fell out though after about 200km. I little disappointing. I will need to go over a few bolt ons to make sure they are secure. Overall a worthwhile purchase.:f4:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Which screw under the fuel tank? Do you mean fuel tank or airbox? Search "wellnuts", as this could lead to a disaster. If the wellnut stayed there, no big deal, if it was the wellnut in front of the filter, no big deal, if it was the wellnut behind the filter the wellnut can get sucked into the throttle bodies.....Big deal.

Or I could be off base, and your talking about some other panel somewhere else.

Glad you like your MV, they are wonderful rides.

Toby

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Which screw under the fuel tank? Do you mean fuel tank or airbox? Search "wellnuts", as this could lead to a disaster. If the wellnut stayed there, no big deal, if it was the wellnut in front of the filter, no big deal, if it was the wellnut behind the filter the wellnut can get sucked into the throttle bodies.....Big deal.

Or I could be off base, and your talking about some other panel somewhere else.

Glad you like your MV, they are wonderful rides.

Toby
Not the same model matey :conveyer:.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Cant sleep Donsy.?????

·
Registered
652 Posts
Had my 1st day out on the new bike today. It attracted lots of interest from other riders. You don't see many MV's out & about here. Very nice bike to ride. Smoothest bike in the gearbox & handling that I've ever ridden. A screw on a panel under the fuel tank fell out though after about 200km. I little disappointing. I will need to go over a few bolt ons to make sure they are secure. Overall a worthwhile purchase.:f4:
Sounds precisely like a first MV ride experience.

re the little niggly things - bearable considering it is a bike that performs so well in the well critical areas - engine, handling and presentation.

be interested if your rear brakes become a problem with heat (mine are MUCH better with DOT 5.1) and I am pretty sure the heat shield problem I have at the moment may have been related to the break problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No big deal. It's only to hold the triangular panel to the tank. It screws into a rubber rawlnut & is all external. Getting a replacement is becoming harder than expected. Could be a week or more to get another 1.

·
Vendor
5,359 Posts
Every new bike I have owned being Ducati,Triumph or MV,I always check just about every nut and bolt on the bike before riding,and every bike I have found something loose (human error).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checking over for loose fasteners is probably a good idea. Wish I'd done that but in my experience that's what PD's are for but then times are changing. Thanks for the websites Donsy I'm sure they will come in handy. By the way Mitch I like your seat cover.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The riding position is very similar, I took the F4RR out prior to buying the Senna.
Depends how you feel on yours because I found it very comfortable.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The newer F4 is slightly more upright than the pre-2010 versions. Personally, I'd say it's more upright than the pre-2010s but less upright than a Ducati 1098/1198.

I don't recall if you're slightly closer to the tank -maybe slightly. Also, I think the width of the seat is a little narrower too.

It feels more comfortable but still feels like an MV.

·
Registered
879 Posts
chluby,

where are you located?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took delivery of my F4RR in March and now have 4,000km on it. The bike fits me like a glove, especially with the rear sets adjusted up - this allows my knees to "lock in" on the air box while cornering.

If you were impressed with the first ride, wait for the 2,500km break in to be complete. The power available when the fogging injectors activate and the inlets extend (around 9,000rpm) is intoxicating. It is common for my eyes to blur, and the hair on the top of my head to stand up/shiver during hard acceleration (full face helmet and tinted safety glasses worn).

With respect to comfort, I can not compare directly to an 1198 et.al., although I have completed a number of 400km rides in a singe sitting with one fuel stop. I would be more comfortable with a 300km limit per ride.

I find that this bike does not care for 91 AKI (R+M/2) fuel, although it will operate when none other is available. It does like 94AKI quite well however, this fuel is difficult to obtain in my area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep, that was me putting my drivers licence in jeopardy once again!

I live in a sparsely populated area with many hundreds of km worth of curvy mountain roads in my back yard. The RR is a dream.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds precisely like a first MV ride experience.

re the little niggly things - bearable considering it is a bike that performs so well in the well critical areas - engine, handling and presentation.

be interested if your rear brakes become a problem with heat (mine are MUCH better with DOT 5.1) and I am pretty sure the heat shield problem I have at the moment may have been related to the break problem.
Just waiting to see my first experience with 2012 F4RR in SF bay area.
:mouthwate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts