MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In one week I will be picking my new bike.

I've been reading a lot of threads regarding issues, maintenace, etc.

Any advice on what to review & discuss with the dealer and shop mechanic prior to my first ride? Items to check, items of concern, etc. (heat shield, dust in the speedometer .......) .... anything.

Also, what about the trip home? It will be about 140 mile ride and my plan is to stay off the expressway most of the ride and break her in correctly. Should I stay completely off the expressway? I will be riding North on RTE 1 most of the trip and there are lots of traffic lights, stops, etc.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Helmet, Gloves, Leathers, Boots, be hydrated and take a leak before take off. Ahh You might need money or a credit card to fill up the tank. Beware of the new tires and be gentle on the first miles. Other than that enjoy the ride. Everything else You will find out sooner, later or never.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
+1 to haupti.

I also hear you should vary your speeds and acceleration to set everything properly. But to see those video's of them hammering the bikes on the dyno at the factory, i think you should be fine with your planned route.

Post some pics, and let me know if you ever want to go for a ride. There are a few MV's running around in the northern va area! Congrats

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
+1 to haupti.

I also hear you should vary your speeds and acceleration to set everything properly. But to see those video's of them hammering the bikes on the dyno at the factory, i think you should be fine with your planned route.

Post some pics, and let me know if you ever want to go for a ride. There are a few MV's running around in the northern va area! Congrats
Oh yeah, pics will be posted (just bought a new camera too).

And I ride as much as I can. So sure, lets coordinate and do some.

I usually go out on weekend mornings to get a cup of coffee. I hit the coffee shop across the street from GMU and watch all the pretty college girls (still in their jammies btw) stagger across the street to get a cop of joe after a hard night out at the clubs. It's quite a sight.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Oh yeah, pics will be posted (just bought a new camera too).

And I ride as much as I can. So sure, lets coordinate and do some.

I usually go out on weekend mornings to get a cup of coffee. I hit the coffee shop across the street from GMU and watch all the pretty college girls (still in their jammies btw) stagger across the street to get a cop of joe after a hard night out at the clubs. It's quite a sight.

Instead of doing above, you should sell the bike and in exchange buy a BMW.

Just kidding.

Enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
643 Posts
watch the tires for the first 50 miles or so (they release oils), bring an extra pair of boxers and enjoy

What color are you getting? I know the dealership in Plano Texas has the last (so they say) new red/silver in the country.

·
Registered
271 Posts
after the initial breakin dont pussy the motor , you need to load it up to get the rings to bed in other wise you can glaze the bore

just follow the manufacturers instruction and youll be fine

if you saw how they treat new motors on the hot test benches it would make you relax a lot more

Modern motors are made to closer and more precise tolerances than years before and as a result are more robust. With proper servicing last for many thousands of miles over the old technology built motors

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
watch the tires for the first 50 miles or so (they release oils), bring an extra pair of boxers and enjoy

What color are you getting? I know the dealership in Plano Texas has the last (so they say) new red/silver in the country.
Thanks for the tip.

I thought about the red/silver but I went with black.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts