MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
from www.amasuperbike.com

Is that a Mercedes Benz logo? Pretty cool if they are involved as a sponsor. Certainly picked the right kind of bike to get involved with. Half you guys/gals must either have an MB, or had one...

Alex

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
That is sight i, as well as most people here, have been waiting for since they announced they were getting in AMA. Lets go MV!!!! :highclap:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is a great photo. i can't find any of Matt yet, but I'm sure there will be some.

BTW, any guesses about the bulges in the lower faring? My S lower is much smoother. I thought the R was the same in terms of the faring shapes - you can swap 'em if you wanted to.

But those round bulges look like it's specific to that MV...hmm....

Also, you can clearly see the front wheel speed sensor on the underside of the caliper. Looks like it's triggering off the bolts on the rotor.

Alex

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Looking good Luca :yo:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Interesting bottom to the fairing , to me the bike looks wrong, looks to be either too hard at the back or too soft at the front, it's got an awful lot of rake in it for what looks like a midcorner photo, they have also qualified 14th and 15th, a good 3 seconds off the pace........not good.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Hi Luca looks great cant wait to see him race,saw him race at Brands last year and he was awsome.The bike looks cool apart from the sticker placement on the bottom of the bike there all over the place.GO Luca GO

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike - it's more like 2 sec off. The Gixers are a different animal. Those bikes are killing everyone else too. Ben and Mat have 0.6 sec on the next guy (E. Boz). If Matt and Luca had 2 seconds, they'd be right in there with the factory Hondas, Yamahas, and Kawi's...

mikef4uk said:
Interesting bottom to the fairing , to me the bike looks wrong, looks to be either too hard at the back or too soft at the front, it's got an awful lot of rake in it for what looks like a midcorner photo, they have also qualified 14th and 15th, a good 3 seconds off the pace........not good.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
altoon said:
Mike - it's more like 2 sec off. The Gixers are a different animal. Those bikes are killing everyone else too. Ben and Mat have 0.6 sec on the next guy (E. Boz). If Matt and Luca had 2 seconds, they'd be right in there with the factory Hondas, Yamahas, and Kawi's...
I really do wish them well, they were very good in World Superstock, I wonder if the "312" is just a way to homologate parts to help them?

I have (or had) been involved with the race scene for about 20 years, 2 seconds is going to take some finding, just look at Ilmoor in Moto GP, 2 seconds and you really are looking for some big issues with the bike (or car)
Ah well, good luck to them, maybe they will fare better at a more normal kind of circuit, I read that they were suffering with high speed instability, wasn't that the reason Ducati did away with the funny holes in the front fairing on the 999?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're right. 2 seconds can be an eternity in racing. I hope they find a few more tics too.

I just wanted to point out that the Suzuki's are beating the crap out of everyone else as well. They really have their stuff together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts