MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm trying to find the specs on my rear brake master cylinder (2009 F4 312RR) so I can purchase a rebuild kit for it.

I've searched previous threads, and come up with some info:

Master cylinder rebuild/overhaul kit, part no. MCRK12 for a 312R - but not sure if this is also suitable for my 312RR.

Another thread quoted part number 4C82583V-00 for new Yamaha R1 2006/7 MC, which is almost a straight swap, apart from drilling a new mounting hole.

If anyone can confirm the above part numbers, I'd be very grateful.

I apologize 1000 times if this has been done to death, but I've also tried searching the net and there's limited info for the MV M/C's, even on Nissin's own website.

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
425 Posts
What is the issue with your rear brake? Why do you think the MC needs rebuilding? If the pedal is soft are you unbolting the caliper and raising it above the MC while you bleed the system?

·
Registered
273 Posts
The m/c gets hot where it is situated next to exhaust, I re located the resevoir to beneath the tailpiece with a long supply hose, trying to help the fluid keep cool.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the issue with your rear brake? Why do you think the MC needs rebuilding? If the pedal is soft are you unbolting the caliper and raising it above the MC while you bleed the system?
It's leaking. I had it professionally flushed and bled. Mechanic said it needs an overhaul. I'd prefer to do it myself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The m/c gets hot where it is situated next to exhaust, I re located the resevoir to beneath the tailpiece with a long supply hose, trying to help the fluid keep cool.
I'll do the same while I'm replacing the m/c. I've seen a good thread on it here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wouldn't bother with fixing the pump.
It's not that expensive to replace.
Part # 800089313
Easy for you to say living in Europe 😂 😄. Try getting anything cheap for a European vehicle of any kind in Australia. It'll cost me $200 Aud to buy and get it shipped to Australia. Or, I could spend $30 on a rebuild kit or maybe $60-80 for a similar Yamaha m/c that will always be readily accessible in Australia.

·
Registered
550 Posts
When you strip the MC, you will find the rubber resembles plastic, it is in a place where it will never ever last. It is an consumable on these things.

Lucky i don`t use the rear brake at all....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't believe how hard it has been to find the Nissin part number for my m/c. Surely someone has found the part number??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Cheapest way out, just swap the end fittings if/as required, I paid 27 or so delivered, brand spanking,
Awesome, thanks. Do the mounting holes align or do I need to drill a new one?

Also, being a no name brand, how do you find the quality of these? I mean, given that most of us wouldn't use a lot of back brake anyway 😂, it doesn't need to be Brembo stopping power! Just wondering how long they last generally. Cheers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I actually got a 2nd hand oem one at the same time and fitted that instead,

Just keeping this'n for a spare, I think the yammies run Nissen same as MV, these are a copy but good looking quality,

You may need to drill the mounts a bit bigger as I read in an earlier thread where they fitted one,

And some just used a 125 yz kit which I also got, Cripes I need to stop buying parts I'll never use,

The quality looks pretty good, best thing is with a new barrell it should last at least till you need it, :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually got a 2nd hand one and fitted that instead, Just keeping this'n for a spare, may need to drill one of the mounts a bit bigger as I read in an earlier thread where they fitted one, and

some just used a 125 yz kit which I also got, Cripes I need to stop buying parts I'll never use,

The quality looks pretty good, best thing is with a new barrell it should last at least till you need it, :)
😂 I've got my own collection of "things I'll probably never use, but bought because it was a bargain".

·
Registered
137 Posts
I keep finding stuff I forgot I bought and can't find stuff I thought I bought so I buy another just before I found the one I was looking for, :D

Over time I've thrown all the parts into 4/5 different boxes /drawers that are in different areas and spend half the day trying to find what I wanted,

Its enough to drive a man to drink,,,,[more :p]

And then by the time you've found it you're half worn out going through all the other parts while you ponder each one

And when the heck are you going to get around to do that task,

And then you forgot what you were doing in the first place and get bored with it and start on something else,

No wonder I get nothing done, :giggle:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hate starting a job, finding out I don't have all the required parts/tools, wasting weeks trying to get them locally but failing because we live so far from everything, ordering the part from Europe or the US, waiting 13 weeks for it to arrive and then losing interest in the original job and starting on a new job!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sure your gunn'a be waiting a while as they dont deliver to Mars very often these days, :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sure your gunn'a be waiting a while as they dont deliver to Mars very often these days, :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, well Australia feels like Mars sometimes mate 😂🤣... actually Mars is short for Mario.... very Aussie name huh 😄.

So I've ordered the $30 cheap "Nissin copy" rear master cylinder. I'll let you know how it is when I've installed it. I figure the worst that can happen is a catastrophic failure of the m/c, in which I have twin Brembo's at the front to get me home. After all, aren't all the rebuild kits from China anyway?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had a slow look at the one I got and it had Nissin across the back, and with the gold colour you can't go wrong,
My twin front Nissins are as useless as a rooster with a sore throat, new pads better sort it out or its off to the chopping block for both of them,
Is the missus named Maria and does she keep on a dancing, :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts