MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this weeks MCN (UK) and the article on MV's top Speed?
312R 192.23mph
312RR 195.9mph
Both bikes stock except for ECU and exhaust.
"The fastest normally aspirated bikes tested by MCN"

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
That's 315.27 kilometers per hour for the 312RR and 309.36 kilometers per hour for the 312R.

Interesting side note: The average of those two speeds is 312.315 kilometers per hour. Maybe that's what they meant all along with calling these two the 312? :)

Edit: my spelling is crap but my maths is O.K.

·
Administrator
20,343 Posts
So take THAT Mr Wood... :nutkick:

·
Registered
447 Posts
++++++ 1

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Not telling about the "helped by almost 20mph tailwind" then?

Does'nt a true record need to be run in both directions and then take the average of the two?

A bit of a shame the original 1000 cc 312 never managed 312kmh, thats playing straight into Steve Woods hands................

On another note well done to Chris X bikes, nice job mate:naughty:

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
190 mph + no ones gonna know what the fuck went past

rather be slower and let people drool

go chris go

1000s ecu done yet

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All bikes were ridden by Bruce Dunn the MCN test pilot.
There was a breeze helping but the RR still managed 178 in to the wind!.
Also the RSV did 184 on the first run with the tail wind, it wasnt on the limiter infact Bruce said none of the bikes were on the limiters.
Its a weird feeling watching your pride and joy going past flat out sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
All bikes were ridden by Bruce Dunn the MCN test pilot.
There was a breeze helping but the RR still managed 178 in to the wind!.
Also the RSV did 184 on the first run with the tail wind, it wasnt on the limiter infact Bruce said none of the bikes were on the limiters.
Its a weird feeling watching your pride and joy going past flat out sounds fantastic.

Your bike eh? brave man, there used to be a lad on the Yahoo forum (and on here as well (Dave Whattam) he was the owner of the 750 Senna that was pictured in Fast Bikes at Brands with the test rider getting his elbow down) he used to reguarly lend his bike to them.

I trust Chris's new ecu works well? as a side note does it help with the slow running temperature issues?:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Mike,
Yes it was my bike, Chris's Ecu does work very well, Its a shame more people didnt ride it at silverstone those that did seemed impressed with its intial power delivery which for me was the biggest single bit that spolied the bike.
The new Ecu gives the ability to switch the fans on at an earlier temp than standard, the bike does seem to run cooler on the move and doesnt get quite as hot when commuting on it, usually early 90's at lights etc, once rolling around 70ish in the temps weve been seeing recently (@20c).
Ive not seen 3 figures since its been fitted which was regular with old Ecu.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Your bike eh? brave man, there used to be a lad on the Yahoo forum (and on here as well (Dave Whattam) he was the owner of the 750 Senna that was pictured in Fast Bikes at Brands with the test rider getting his elbow down) he used to reguarly lend his bike to them.

I trust Chris's new ecu works well? as a side note does it help with the slow running temperature issues?:)
I remember that pic one of my fave pics of all time. Gorgeous gorgeous bike too :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts