Registered
1,560 Posts
Looks good!

I wonder when it was imported?

Gee our exchange rate is good!

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is indeed a rare model and looks to be a nice 175 Sport (the video is good). I think the price is high but perhaps someone will go for it. I think 8-9K is more reasonable, just my opinion. Nice bike tho!
J.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe that tank didn't come out until '57 on the "CS 57". The seller is calling it a '56 with a "rare" tank....?

If the bike is a "CS 57", it looks to have the wrong front fender, forks, and exhaust. It could be a late '56, although the sales work shown in the ad says it was sold in June of '56. I'm betting it's a '56 that someone bolted a '57-'58 tank onto.

It's hard to tell with these old bikes, what has happened over the years. And what has been changed.

I believe its a $8-9K bike. I would NEVER pay $11K.

You can see the specs here:
http://www.mvagusta.it/uploads/L5/it/L5itVTEEAqkV2tDJBKBXUw/18--175-sport-monoalbero-cs-57_eng.pdf

·
Registered
77 Posts
If I hear the engine,it's like the bearings have square balls and the gears are worn
Or is this engine sound normal?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree Eric. That engine sounds as though it is rattling itself to death. Other 175's I have heard sound far tighter than this one. As Resom noted this bike may be a bitsa? I certainly would not buy it sounding like that at 11K!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts