MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not an MV, not a Ferrari. Great post though very interesting. If I had a spare 7k it would be lots of fun.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I thought the Maserati bikes and cars came from the same company whilst the Ferrari bikes and cars were completely separate companies only related by the name.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I thought the Maserati bikes and cars came from the same company whilst the Ferrari bikes and cars were completely separate companies only related by the name.

No the same company per se - from the same family yes - when the Maserati operation was split amongst the children - the sister got the spark plug arm of operations (Fabbrica Candele Accumulatori Maserati S.p.A) but the family lawyer screwed up the trident branding rights agreement and she was able to use the famous car logo on the bikes. However, none of the car designers or anyone from that (for all intents & purposes) completely unrelated company ever had anything to do with motorcycle design or production.

So whilst no precisely the Ferrari sceanrio - pretty much the same thing generally speaking. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts