MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to know any history or information I can find on this bike as I'm in the process of importing one. I know about the Vespa story. I know there was two versions one like this one which is the one I bought ,which just used the Agusta name and the other version used Mv Agusta.
Have been told that this was a early version before they started the company and they just used Agusta .
Apparently less than 50 of this version made.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Both versions

Attachments

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
very very nice adrian
i thought ur wife would kaboom u if u bought another bike

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
i think its great ur very loyal to the mv agusta brand

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I know but I couldn't help myself Rob and it's not to expensive. Plus it's super rare and the first model they made. I know if I didn't, I would regret it.
Il let her see if she notices it when I get it, she still doesn't know about the last one. She must think they all look the same. lol

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Yes, I know but I couldn't help myself Rob and it's not to expensive. Plus it's super rare and the first model they made. I know if I didn't, I would regret it.
Il let her see if she notices it when I get it, she still doesn't know about the last one. She must think they all look the same. lol
BWAHAHAHAH OH MAN THATS JUST GOLD
U KILL ME MAN

be careful though mate, she could be buying hermes and prada bags or the like, and telling u shes had it for years and naturally any guy would think they all look the same, so not question it

i think all woman like to play dumb but man im sure they see everything

hope u get it, its a very cool bike

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have always played that approach when growing up. If you tell them you want to buy something they might crack it and start a fight, but if you just get it and let them find out for themselves it's a lot easier to deal with and they get over it quickly.
Don't worry I notice if she comes home with something new. They can be clueless at times, but then catch out when you least expect it. Women
Hopefully it all works out , got a dealer from here doing the deal for me and the shipping

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
maybe i need to take some advice from u regarding these women lol
are u going through antique motorcycles up near your way?

good luck with it all
howd u go with 750. tank all done, u happy

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Raider Motorsport.(Sydney)He imports bikes all the time from Europe and can pick the bike up from Paris and pay the guy with handover of bike. I didn't want to do it any other way. You don't know who to trust.And charges are reasonable
Haven't got it back yet, but could be next week as he rang me last week. Cheers

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
cool
post up some pics of the 750 when its done

·
Registered
183 Posts
Adrian, in your picture it looks like the gas tank has a hole in it, right in front of the Agusta badge? :jsm:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Adrian, in your picture it looks like the gas tank has a hole in it, right in front of the Agusta badge? :jsm:
It does from that photo, but iI think it's the photo.
But it is almost 70 years old and in original condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
fark thats a sweet looking bike,
are u going to fully restore it or leave as it
i wonder what that thing would ride like, is it a runner too or does it need to be rebuilt

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Depends if it runs ok or not Rob. Guy said it does,just needs carbs cleaned but I don't believe anything until I see it for myself. The last guy said the same thing about the Disco and we found problems.
If it runs ,I might just leave it. But if it needs rebuild might restore it.
Love the look of the thing. Top speed 70km

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Depending on when it was run last it might be an idea to check all the gaskets as if it is a two stroke and something goes then so may the engine which isn't good if you need parts. The engine can be pulled apart and put back whilst still retaining the patina.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
who cares how fast that thing does
how badass will u look riding that thing

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Depending on when it was run last it might be an idea to check all the gaskets as if it is a two stroke and something goes then so may the engine which isn't good if you need parts. The engine can be pulled apart and put back whilst still retaining the patina.
I like the patina but not a big fan of the rust. And the problem with that is ,re-chroming / plating metal would look odd with old paint I would think. I wonder how good that metal would just come up with a good metal polish and hard work.
I can imagine it might need a rebuild, but who knows until I get it.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hey Congratulations Adrian, nice pick up - I think it will make a wonderful project with heaps of different options as to how you want to deal with it going forward.

That's a bike that I also want as I'd like to have an example of a model of each decade of production ( I am missing 40's & 60's). Namely, 40's 50's, 60's, 70's (20) 00's 10's..... hopefully something might happen with that after my trip to Italy and Spain in September.

Meanwhile I can live vicariously thru yours :) Take your time in deciding what to do with it as once it is done it can't be undone.

Congratulations again, Enjoy. :yo:

Cheers
Rob

·
Super Moderator
22,850 Posts
Leave it as it is....the rust is also a collectors item. Original condition is worth more than polish. If it is not a safety issue, and you can make it run, it will be a show stopper.

·
Super Moderator
22,850 Posts
Oh, and oxidation is actually a protective layer......so don't disturb it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts