MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brutale 750cc with an arrow can is running at 18 miles to the gallon.
What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
432 Posts
That doesn't seem like very good mileage unless you are living at red line.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My gas milage sucked when my hub bearings were going bad and my chain needed to be replaced. But I don't think it ever was that bad.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:stickpoke Yes I tried second gear, and third gear too.

5.5K miles on the counter, the rear hubs already? Nah.
Well, time to investigate, everybody seems on the same wave, something isn't right.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:stickpoke Yes, I tried 4th and 5th as well.

That wet line behind you on the highway - that's the rest of your fuel man!
How would I know what is behind me? It's a MV, remember? You got mirror but you don't see behind.

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
Do the people riding behind you complain of their eyes burning and their clothes smelling like gas??? sounds like your fueling is WAY off.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I get 28-29 consistently with my 910. Always try to hit 30 but never get it:(

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am getting about 32-33

·
Registered
786 Posts
Maybe you are really bad at maths.

I get about 180km to a tank. Thats about 112miles - until the yellow light comes on, and when I'm doing town mileage.

Brutale has a 5 gallon tank I think, so that would put you at only 90miles between tanks.

Personnaly I get no less then 25mpg, assuming there is about 0.5 gallons in the reserve.

·
Registered
456 Posts
my 1090 has 360 miles on it and the light just went on today 3 gallons used 58 miles since last fill up? wtf. that is all city but still. damn the best i got so far was coming from the dealer with no miles on it all highway 70mph getting 3 gallons about 90 something miles around 27mpg. well i'll have to see if mine gets any better, will mention to the dealer at the 600 mile service.

finally can use up to 9k rpm, the sound the bike makes is so cool at higher rpm.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts