MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share my experience about my change to 17t front sprocket.

My favorite riding areas are about 1.5 hours away and there is a significant amount of that on highway droning along. With my after market exhaust the bike was buzzy for me on highway. At about 80 mph that tach was at 7k and that was tiring for me. Even with ear plugs. I wanted to bring down RPM to to something less buzzy. I talk to dealer and he informed me there was option for 17t front sprocket and was just swap and would not cause any chain issues. I found a gearing tool online and used it to calculate RPM at 80 and it would be about 6100. That was perfect for me. It was much quieter at that RPM. I had dealer ( Ducshop) swap it out. I am happy with results. No real noticeable downsides for performance. The dragster is still snappy. 1st gear is a little taller so I have to be aware when I start to keep from stalling. Also not that this is important but is raises possible top speed to 160ish . :smile2:

I have been very happy with change.

·
Super Moderator
21,756 Posts
Sounds like a good result for you!

·
Administrator
19,105 Posts
How is the speedometer accuracy??? I think your bike uses wheel speed and not transmission shaft speed for the signal, so maybe no change??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is the speedometer accuracy??? I think your bike uses wheel speed and not transmission shaft speed for the signal, so maybe no change??
I have not noticed any difference. Good point .I have ridden about 400 miles with new sprocket. I’ll hookup a gps next time I ride and compare.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was planing to go down one tooth on my Turismo Veloce to get more power faster (16->15). How is your overall experience? Do you have any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was planing to go down one tooth on my Turismo Veloce to get more power faster (16->15). How is your overall experience? Do you have any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bike is still running great. I have had no issues. My stock chain was long enough to fit bigger sprocket. I’m very happy with going up to 17T. I’ve only noticed that I might have lost a little bit of acceleration in 6th gear but not much. It more that makes up for that in lowering RPM (noise)for my cruising speed on highway.
For your Turismo will be quicker by going to 15T . There won’t be any issues with doing that. You will need to adjust your chain. It will raise your RPM in each gear about 600 to 800 RPM . It is great for acceleration but might be buzzy when you are cruising in 6th gear. If you still have stock exhaust it probably won’t be noticeable. I have full open exhaust system on my dragster. It was howling at 7K.:) . It will be depend on what kind riding you do. You will gain acceleration but it might be noisier will cruising. I did not really notice any increase in gas mileage in my case with 17T . So I don’t think it will decrease your gas mileage by going down one tooth.
I hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts