MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have added before if someone have a css or squalo head for sale..
but not any responce ,, can someone have Blueprint of a head?
so its possible to mill out new .

it must be persons in italy..that have old store with parts??

kind regards Åke

·
Registered
79 Posts
Åke,
I don't have a head for sale, but may be able to help with some drawings. I've been thinking about casting some parts for MV 175s, the large fin head looked like a good candidate since it was so flat with the cam/rocker assembly bolted on, but I ran into problems trying to make an easy to mold pattern- it needs draft completely around the head, so the pattern got complicated. I did think about machining a head, but ran into problems there also- the first picture shows the problem with getting a slotting saw into the deep parts of the fins, plus I thought that a machined head wouldn't look 'right', so I've gone back to trying to figure out a casting pattern.
Maybe you have a better idea of how to machine the fins? Other than the fins, the head would be fairly easy to machine.
My first goal is to figure out the cam and ignition timing, so I'm currently working on those drawings, but plan to return to the casting problem soon- if you're not in a hurry I'll let you know as I make some progress- send a PM if you'd like to discuss it.

I don't have access to expensive measuring equipment(CMM, comparator, etc), so it takes me a long time to come up with an accurate drawing- comparing several heads show some considerable variation between them.
Do you have the rest of the head parts- cam/rocker carrier, rocker arms, cams, valve cover, etc?
Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts