MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was mentioned in MCN a couple of weeks ago

so has anyone got info on this new "MV tailor made super naked"?

new ECU, cylinder head, camshafts, valves, exhaust, and yes the exhaust looks pretty sweet from the view of the bike in MCN.

anyone got info on this new built to order 165bhp brutale, any further info is appreciated

:popcorn:

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
hopefully they used a Microtec, that would be some good PR for Chris (X81). Maybe he knows something about it.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
found some info

here we go:

BRUTALE CANNONBALL
Personalization as new border of exclusiveness.

The Cannonball kit that has been created for racing use only and adds more magic and performance to the prestigious naked Brutale, turning it into a precious, exclusive and extraordinary jewel.

The interventions are targeted, the objectives are very clear: increasing the performance, making the bike even lighter and fully exploiting its technology. A number of components have been developed exclusively for the Cannonball kit. The Engine Control Unit, the cylinder head, the camshafts, the valves and the exhaust system, which is manufactured completely from titanium and is completed by a low and spirited exhaust pipe, have all been purposely designed for this kit, enabling the Brutale to increase its maximum power by an additional 20 hp: Brutale, in name and in deed. All this without giving up to the exceptional dynamic qualities and the taste of incomparable ride of a naked version which adds a touch of crazy exuberance to its notorious determination.

The new technical components enables the Brutale Cannonball to excel on the track: the exciting performance are restrained by the pure chassis and by high quality suspension components which enable the rider to enjoy easy handling and the typical pleasure of riding an MV Agusta bike. Calm readiness on gas control, resounding acceleration, lively engine: all this becomes reality with the Cannonball kit of 165 hp.

The excitement starts in figures: the maximum power flies to 165 hp, 21 more than the 1090RR standard bike. At 9.000 revs/min the power is 140 hp, at 10.000 it is 160 hp, a little later the maximum is reached, an absolute record for Brutale. You don’t have to give up to torque as there is the same (112 Nm) of the 1090RR standard bike.

The objective of the highest performance has not given a back seat to the traditional care that MV Agusta dedicates to design and attention to detail. Brutale is a wonderful example of essential and smart details, it can be enriched with the addition of a lower fairing, of tail section and a large number of additional components in carbon fibre and aerospace aluminium enhancing its racing heritage.

The unique and unmistakable characteristics of Brutale have made it famous throughout the world, but the MV Agusta kit has been created to transform it into a unique motorcycle with unbeatable performance, providing the typical excellence that MV Agusta customers have come to expect.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
"Brutale Cannonball"............"Cannonball"....steel balls......only on a Brutie Rider. You'll never hear about a "F4 Cannonball" for obvious reasons.....

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I think they chose Cannonball because of all the OLD Men that ride them probably have big hang down old men balls slapping them in the knees. and They are black from not getting any use or Frostbit. HAHA Like on the MAN SHOW the ball brazeer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=orymhgZ6XoA

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Randy, us real men start off with a bike that has that much (or more) power, so no need to upgrade anything! Just food for thought.

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
it is still a nice looking bike! (i can't believe i am saying it)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
You F4 guys should really test rode 1078 or 1090 Brutale. It goes, as Ade likes to say, ''like shit of a shovel''. It is, afterall, a fastest accelerating bike ever tested by MCN or some similar mag, don't remember right now.

·
Administrator
20,398 Posts
Rumor has it there is one in the USA...and HP claims are real !! :smoking:

·
Administrator
20,398 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Rumor has it there is one in the USA...and HP claims are real !! :smoking:
Which HP claiims, 165RWHP or 187HP at the crank? 165HP at the crank is easy I guess. I do not beleive the torque figures Mv gives on the site.

The excitement starts in figures: the maximum power flies to 165 hp, 21 more than the 1090RR standard bike. At 9.000 revs/min the power is 140 hp, at 10.000 it is 160 hp, a little later the maximum is reached, an absolute record for Brutale. You don’t have to give up to torque as there is the same (112 Nm) of the 1090RR standard bike.

too low!

·
Administrator
20,398 Posts
Something like 165 at rear wheel is what I heard rumored....but I can't personally confirm anything, as it was just a rumor to me.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
165hp @ appreciably over 11k rpm? Same torque? It's good for pub ammo; won't impress anyone on the road.

A thought (YES!!) entered my head today. If I ever wanted a crazy, boulevard compatible, all eyeballs out, razor sharp, eehhh... etc etc naked, I'd want the 1078 Brutale.

Can anyone enlighten me on the differences between the 1078 (Brute) and the 1090 (brutish...) Brutale? Spare me the factory "impressions" and "first ride" reviews though...

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
P.s: to avoid any doubt. Midrange power is what impresses on the road, not crazy top end figures.

Believe me; I've got a well set up F4 1078RR?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Cannonball sounds great, but the 1090RR should have that performance from the start, not for £4300 extra. In magazine tests the 1090RR pushs around 125 RWP, it's rival the Streetfighter, 143 RHP and 20Kgs lighter. The Cannonball might just match the Ducati.

I loved the 1090RR when I rode it, but if I wanted 750 levels of RWH, I'd get a 750, short changed comes to mind.

PS. My 910R with pipe and PCusb made 127 RHP.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
165hp @ appreciably over 11k rpm? Same torque? It's good for pub ammo; won't impress anyone on the road.

A thought (YES!!) entered my head today. If I ever wanted a crazy, boulevard compatible, all eyeballs out, razor sharp, eehhh... etc etc naked, I'd want the 1078 Brutale.

Can anyone enlighten me on the differences between the 1078 (Brute) and the 1090 (brutish...) Brutale? Spare me the factory "impressions" and "first ride" reviews though...
Mike I've got a Brutale 1078 with Microtek ECU and have Just fitted moto corse titanium headers and midpipe. Don't know what it's putting out but believe me.....it's plenty for me!!. I'm bringing it up to Brian Jones (moto tech) on Monday to get it run on the Dyno...just to make sue it's running right (with the new pipe) and I'll see what the figures are. I'll not matter too much to me as quite frankly this bike is way better than I am and nothing I know will out accelerate it!! Cheers Brian.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts