MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for any posts dealing with the tall side stand on the Brutie 1090. Feels like it will tip over at anything other than a flat surface. I read about cutting and re-welding the side stand, but does anyone know if there is a shorter stand available on other MV models (or from any other source) that could be bolted in without any major mods?

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
I do wish you would post at least the hemisphere of the planet you are on as it would help us help you.

That being said, how long is your side stand? Where are you on this Big Blue Marble?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do wish you would post at least the hemisphere of the planet you are on as it would help us help you.

That being said, how long is your side stand? Where are you on this Big Blue Marble?

My bad, I am in greater Los Angeles area. Measuring the side stand from the top of curvature to the point of the stand on the ground, its about 11.5". My inseam is 30, so not tall. It feels that its about to tip over if I dismount on ANY, even minute grade of incline. I also had number of people at the Rockstore come up and tell me that the bike is sitting way too upright when on the stand. I am not looking to shorten it by half, but perhaps a stand shorter by 1.5" would do the trick?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
I'll have a measurement of my 2010 B4 1090RR tomorrow for comparison.

Has your bike been lowered?

It would be nice if you would go to TOOLS>USER CP>EDIT YOUR DETAILS and put your location in there. While you are in the USER CP, add your bike to your signature line.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
?

Tirefriar;
More than likely your bike has been lowered.......
Post a picture of how many rings show above the top triple and a measurement from the swing arm pivot bolt center
to the ground, with the bike vertical
Compare with Chuck's dimensions.....
Then arrange to come to Redondo Beach and I'll make the stand whatever length you need
:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
Noel is a full-service organization...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tirefriar;
More than likely your bike has been lowered.......
Post a picture of how many rings show above the top triple and a measurement from the swing arm pivot bolt center
to the ground, with the bike vertical
Compare with Chuck's dimensions.....
Then arrange to come to Redondo Beach and I'll make the stand whatever length you need
:wink2:

Thanks for the kind offer Noel, you are on!

I'll post pics and do the measurements later on today. Where do I find the dimensions?

Now that there is a question of whether its been lowered, I can easily flat foot on the B4 and I am about 5'9". My R11S is definitely stock height and it does feel taller. How does lowering it affect the suspension geometry?

·
Administrator
19,858 Posts
How does lowering it affect the suspension geometry?
Depends on how it was done. If done properly only the seat height and ground clearance changes.

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
...trail would change if the bike was lowered, because, well...geometry...:wave::nerd:

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
?

Tirefriar;
Roll your bike onto a piece 1/2" plywood and try the stand .....is that enough?
If not add a piece of 1/4" and try it again

The plywood goes only under the tires :grin2:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The only way I could the bike straight was on a Condor wheel chock. That raised the front tire off the ground by approximately 2 to 2.5 inches. I took the Brutale off the stand and tried to follow the straight line of the bike side at an angle. Photos of the front forks as well.

Sorry for the sideways image. The last pic is with the bike on Condor

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I reached out to a PO of the bike and he confirmed that the height of the bike has not been altered from new (he was the first owner).

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
It doesn't look like the bike has been lowered.

It also looks like a normal Brutale lean angle on the stand to me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts