MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I have a milestone birthday which I am not overly keen on talking about :jsm: BUT :

My darling wife has been busy negotiating behind the scenes & acquired a wonderful 1971 125GTLS - WHAT A SURPRISE!:mouthwate

It is unrestored, in superb original & unmolested condition. The speedo shows 1499 miles (I did 6 miles on it today see speedo pic :)) & it even has the original toolkit!

I should have been suspicious as I was negotiating on a Ebay bike that was almost finished & she was quite unsupportive, which is unusual for her - she is nothing short of amazing! It is obvious WHY - NOW ;)

17 years ago, my wonderful wife gave me a son on my birthday (yes we have the same birthday MVista Jnr & I) but I reckon this is even a BETTER present! :laughing: - Sorry Christian :laughing:

I want to thank her publicly - My life partner whom completes me in everyway. Thank You MVixen aka Lou :heart: :heart::heart::heart:

Some pics:

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
What a gem !!! Well 2 actually (bike + wife). Btw you certainly don't look 60 bwahahahahaha:stickpoke

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Congrats on the birthday and the little bike. It is great fun. And a much bigger congrats to Lou. Sounds like life is good, very good.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a gem !!! Well 2 actually (bike + wife). Btw you certainly don't look 60 bwahahahahaha:stickpoke
Indeed 2 gems :yo: :laughing: @ 60 - you'll keep, mate! :bash:

Congrats on the birthday and the little bike. It is great fun. And a much bigger congrats to Lou. Sounds like life is good, very good.
Thanks Russ, it is fun, I was surprised how differently it rides to the 125sport makes it all better that it is difffernt :) & It is indeed fun, I did 5 miles on it today, that's 8klms from memory - in NSW and unregistered bike carries a $900 fine so it was a bit of a flirt :jsm:

Life is indeed good - I am now glad I let her buy that Guzzi V7 Racer! Paid off big time - :laughing:

And thank you on Lou's behalf for you kind words in case she doesn't log in, work is killing her at the moment :(

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
man i think im in love both with ur wife... what a freakn legend, and of course the bike
kidding,,,,, of course
but such a cool wife man. ur very lucky
love the bike

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Wow that is in deed a nice gift, Rob. Congratulations to Your milestone birthday by the way.

·
2,156 Posts
R, well done and nice addition to the collection however must caution you on the number of smilies in the post:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: 4 x Hearts is "boderline" over use:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: and will be keeping a close eye on future posts................:stickpoke:stickpoke:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Rob - Congratulations for you birthday, the new bike and best of all having such a lovely wife

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your one of lifes lucky guys!!

Enjoy your new toy and happy birthday.. :)

JDS

I am indeed & I don't forget it either :) Thank you John, I really do appreciate your kind sentiment.

man i think im in love both with ur wife... what a freakn legend, and of course the bike
kidding,,,,, of course
but such a cool wife man. ur very lucky
love the bike
That's OK Rob - I am in love with both as well :laughing:

If you are up our way you do know that you are one of the people that's more than welcome to drop in on us :) Thanks for your (as always) kind wishes.

Lovely! :highclap:
Thanks Steve, I am as happy as your chappy above :drummer:

Wow that is in deed a nice gift, Rob. Congratulations to Your milestone birthday by the way.
Thank you Ralf, I am flabbergasted as my gift was my trip to the New York , Jamaica & then Bubbalicious - that LAST I was expecting was a classic MV on top of that. I am still a little :ahhh: I've been down to the garage to check I am not dreaming this! :eek:

R, well done and nice addition to the collection however must caution you on the number of smilies in the post:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: 4 x Hearts is "boderline" over use:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: and will be keeping a close eye on future posts................:stickpoke:jsm::jsm:
Well J, you are the definitive authority on the correct number of emoticons as I've noticed from your posts, so I shall definitely be guided by your advice & input :laughing: Thanks for the nice post that gave me quite a laugh :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I do hope that's the correct number ;) Ps. I had to remove a couple of yours so that I could make this post - 36 is the limit! :banghead:

Rob - Congratulations for you birthday, the new bike and best of all having such a lovely wife
Thank you John - I think we are both very fortunate in the wife department, there's no doubt about that. I can't wait for the F3 now, then collection will be complete - of course it WILL! Trust me.......... :jsm: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Matty - I will certainly enjoy & appreciate :) Some more stuff for you to look at & ride when you get your arse down here ;)

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
mate
u have my word if im up that way
im definately definately having a beer with u

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dear Friend,
Congrats on the birthday and that great bike! Have fun with your growing collection and drive them whenever you can.
All the best, and especially health!

Helmut

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
hi Rob and congrats again

Could you mention to Lou that I'm having a birthday soon and there is a 750 Sport MV for sale in Melbourne, I know it's not quite as good as the GTLS but it'd be fine for my needs.

cheers

Russ

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dear Friend,
Congrats on the birthday and that great bike! Have fun with your growing collection and drive them whenever you can.
All the best, and especially health!

Helmut
Helmut my Dear Friend, I have not seen you around much, hopefully that is because you have been out enjoying your wonderful little machines :) I am happy to see now you have a third project as well to keep you busy, well done! Too much is never enough :laughing:

Thank you for your kind wishes Helmut they are very much appreciated & I must say when I look at my 125sport you are not far from my thoughts :)

Cheers
Rob

Could you mention to Lou that I'm having a birthday soon and there is a 750 Sport MV for sale in Melbourne, I know it's not quite as good as the GTLS but it'd be fine for my needs.

cheers

Russ
I think Lou will reply herself ;)

Top job you guys, I am sure the loving and caring goes both ways. Enjoy, once again, well done. :)
Cheers Donsy - yep you have that spot on :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks to Everybody for your well wishes and compliments!

cheers

Russ
Am happy to do so Russ, but did Rob tell you he had to fork out for a one Carat Canturi Diamond ring, a Tiffany Bangle, Paspaley Pearl and Chopard Diamond Watch first? (none of these things probably mean anything to you and the fellow MV aficionados, lol) he is just too modest, letting me take all the glory :heart::heart:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts