MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Well for anyone who can afford it that ducati looks awesome. Just saying its time for MV to stop making shitty models and make something thats worth while again. Then again they havent even got the electronics right to make anything as good as that superlegerra

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well for anyone who can afford it that ducati looks awesome. Just saying its time for MV to stop making shitty models and make something thats worth while again. Then again they havent even got the electronics right to make anything as good as that superlegerra

True. Whats with all the Naked models..Seriously i have lost count.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

It looks like one hell of a bike, that's for sure. I don't see an official price on Ducati's site, but several sources say $65,000 USD, more than double the price of a Panigale R...

·
Registered
874 Posts
It looks like one hell a of bike, that's for sure. I don't see an official price on Ducati's site, but several sources say $65,000 USD, more than double the price of a Panigale R...
Thats correct in the States they are 65k. I would rather buy a second hand C.C and still have change.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
From what I was told you had to be invited by Ducati to buy one. Goes in this order of ownership D16, any R model, S model, then the base model. You give Ducati a $20K non refundable deposit. The bike will be made and shipped to the dealer where you then settle up the final price with the dealer.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
From what I was told you had to be invited by Ducati to buy one. Goes in this order of ownership D16, any R model, S model, then the base model. You give Ducati a $20K non refundable deposit. The bike will be made and shipped to the dealer where you then settle up the final price with the dealer.

Thats correct. Although not everyone accepted the invite and there are bikes available. I walked in ducati and asked about it the superleggera they told me about a 20 k deposit but too me theres nothing that makes it stand out but a colour scheme. Its a pannigale body with D16 paintwork. Unlike the desmo it was a complete different bike to the 1098. Makes it worth it.

·
Registered
874 Posts

I heard it went something like that in the States.
Here in Australia the importer ordered 30.... 28 of them are sold already, but were not specific to D16 owners first. I think its all a wank.
:jerkoff:
Anyway i dont think i will be buying one They are double the price of the R model, and weigh apparently 171kgs with liquids. Now that is light.
Time for a CC i think.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Crap. No other manufacturer makes as many nakeds as MV.

Errrr, you'll have to define what you mean by a "naked" to me then, if a naked is a bike made by MV with Brutale written on it then yes MV do make more Brutales than anyone else, if its a bike without a faring then pretty much everyone make more models of them than MV.

All i'm saying is a large vehicle manufacturer cannot survive only selling exotic models, Ferrari would not be around without Fiat, Lamborghini would not be around without Audi and Ducati would not be around without the Monster.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
The Monster is great for Ducati because it has the badge but you can get them relatively inexpensive as you want. Sell thousands of those cheapies so they can afford to make 1199s.

Hopefully the 675 will do the same for MV, give the more traction.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Errrr, you'll have to define what you mean by a "naked" to me then, if a naked is a bike made by MV with Brutale written on it then yes MV do make more Brutales than anyone else, if its a bike without a faring then pretty much everyone make more models of them than MV.

All i'm saying is a large vehicle manufacturer cannot survive only selling exotic models, Ferrari would not be around without Fiat, Lamborghini would not be around without Audi and Ducati would not be around without the Monster.

MV make nearly 8 naked models. Suzuki dont neither any jap manufacturer. Ducati have the monster and the streetfighter. But at least they make incredible race pedigree machines.

All im saying is enough with these nakeds already. All the F4 gets is a colour update and thats crap too. Maybe after a year in WSBK they will make a bike like im saying or even after 2 years lets hope.

Im a lover of the limited edition bikes. Im not saying make 10 LE im just saying make one bad ass F4 agIn.

The naked market makes money but do u need 8 models now? see the learner rider market is another market which is booming. Every jap manufacturer has 2 models for them to choose even ducati have restructed there monsters to make them learner legsl in oz.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts