MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i hear ducati wants to race 1198 cc's in 2008 an a 1198 model will drop soon enough to the public . why is anyone buying the 1098 then ?? im curious if my info on the bike is wrong an there wont be a 1198 model , or do ducati lovers love thier bikes that much ??

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
If the rules allow it, then I'm sure there will be. It's only a matter of time and how - meaning 1098/1098S and a 1198R model or a 1198 in a year or two.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i still dont get why ud want a 1098 , when the 1198 is coming . at first talks world super bike werent against the idea of a 1198 cc ducati so itll do forward , an ur 1098 is gonna be ....well ......old

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I hate to say I told you so. The 1098 is a stop gap model using the 999 bottom end etc. The 1198 will be all new, but will only be released if the rules are changed to allow it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Greg Albert said:
I hate to say I told you so. The 1098 is a stop gap model using the 999 bottom end etc. The 1198 will be all new, but will only be released if the rules are changed to allow it.
this is what im saying . i didnt want to enlighten any one or call them out as they are wasting thier money . i brought the point up to see if anyone else thinks ducati is screwing with people .

wsb said this year they werent against a 1198 cc twin . theyr was dispute on what size throttle bodies could be used an other tech details . they got it being off of some math formula 999cc twin was equal to 750 cc inline 4 1198 c twin is equal to 1000cc 4 . the old twin rules let them change other parts that wasnt part of the factory bike like throttle body size , they wanted to do away with that ability . an then base weight of the bike , was under discussion

·
Registered
69 Posts
logos1111 said:
i still dont get why ud want a 1098 , when the 1198 is coming . at first talks world super bike werent against the idea of a 1198 cc ducati so itll do forward , an ur 1098 is gonna be ....well ......old

Yeah but now your just trying to catch up to whatever's coming out. If you look at it in that point of view... why buy whatever you may be looking at now. Because next year, something "better" is coming out.

I'm just saying you can never catch up. Get the one that fits you best and enjoy. There will always be something out there faster, lighter, cheaper. It's like a computer!!!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
hehehe. Actually, with a baby coming, news of a 1198 works even better for me. Unless the insurance is going to be a killer! :ahhh:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SamsonNg said:
Yeah but now your just trying to catch up to whatever's coming out. If you look at it in that point of view... why buy whatever you may be looking at now. Because next year, something "better" is coming out.

I'm just saying you can never catch up. Get the one that fits you best and enjoy. There will always be something out there faster, lighter, cheaper. It's like a computer!!!
i hear u on that one .. i bought my mv off of its looks , in mag at that . i didnt know shit about it . it could of had a hampster on a wheel for a engine , but if i had the talent to make a sport bike my mv would be it . so it was a natural fit .

i always am curious to see why people buy thier bikes .

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I might go 1098 shopping in about 18 months time then :stickpoke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts