Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see this? Has some interesting items about the MV :wtf:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most interesting for me is they were only able to hit 184 mph on the 312......something's off there. Article did have some praises for the suspension and power.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I think the 312R is a bit of a marketing ploy...but anyway that is just my opinion since I could not care any less about top speed.

·
Administrator
19,855 Posts
According to the story, 184 with a head wind on a 2 mile runway, which means they had to back off for stopping distance, too. Land speed runs are made on 5 mile or longer courses and averaged 2 ways to account for wind.

Altitude, ambient air temp, humidity, all that plays into final top speeds possible. Bottom line....Still pretty damn fast.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
A funny thing happened on the way to work!

I am sitting in traffic. At the lights. Beautiful sunny day. Listening to the radio...you get the picture.
3 yes 3 , MV 312R's pull up beside me. 2 red/silver, one black. My passenger knows nothing about bikes (doesn't even know I own one). Grab's his camera and proceeds to click away, saying I have no idea what they are, but unbelievable.
I must say, to see his reaction, I had the immediate urge to go for a ride.

Yes it is dissapointing what you read in some magazines, but these are special, and you either get it, or you don't. We are lucky, our premier magazine thinks they are special and the reports are fantastic.

Just thought I would share this.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
esq'z me said:
184 with a head wind on a 2 mile runway, which means they had to back off for stopping distance, too. Altitude, ambient air temp, humidity, all that plays into final top speeds possible. Bottom line....Still pretty damn fast.
my thoughts exactly

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would still like to check out the article. Most of the shootouts play heavy on the street ride, and I love my MV, but it is far from a perfect bike on the street. Oh well that is not why we bought them and the thing rips on the track and is the most planted bike I have ever been on.

Once I got the sag set and played with the compression a little, the bike felt better than my modded out race R6 or R1 ever did. The perfect comp between quick turning and stability, man i love this bike on the track!

·
Registered
409 Posts
The sport rider MV also on blew 145 on the dyno . Thats real low for any 1000 MV let alone a 312 . I read the test an it was real plain , not much passion . I ve ridden every 1000 japan has to offer an my MV inspires so much more passion in how it functions then any of the other bikes . None of that came through in their words . Kinda odd almost like the didnt want to do the test

·
Registered
52 Posts
Who cares what they think! It's just jealousy raring it's ugly head again. We own MV's, they don't, what do they know anyway. I think they were probably pissed they had to give the MV back (I would be)! I have read the article a couple times over. All I have to say is I wonder who is paying them. It's B.S. but, I could be abit biased.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sfarson said:
It did win the Master Bike shootout in Jerez versus all other sportbikes. There's more than marketing to this bike.
Yes, here is the link:
PS Master Bike test

Ok, it´s German. But pictures, lap times and tables are more or less self explaining. :naughty:

Some help:
Schnellste Runde - fastest lap
Durchschnitt der schnellsten 6 - average laptime of the fastest 6 drivers
Persönliche Bestzeiten - #of drivers who ran his fastest lap with this bike
Platz - Position in test (ranking: 1 is best).

Have fun ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
145? that doesn't sound right, even for a low reading dyno. I do want to get a few more HP out of mine, even tho i haven't dyno'd it yet. I want to get a PC and mid pipe 1st.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I personally enjoy talking people out of the MV, meaning: heavy for a sportbike, deceptive power, sits high, torture rack, feels heavy, large turn radius, difficult throttle, thousands of dollars to replace fairings, blah, blah....Maybe I just have a weird sense of humor, but I really get a kick out of seeing people react to my comments, knowing all the while how special these bikes are, and how much I adore mine.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I think the most telling thing about the press attitudes is that they are so quick to point out that the MV did not hit 193mph, but no where in the article did they mention it beat all the other jap literbikes and did test the fastest. They only mention that they test them all, and you have to look elsewhere in the magazine to find out this information.

I would think they would have said somehting to the effect of "Our test did not yeild a top speed of 193mph but it did in fact prove that it IS the worlds fastest production literbike...."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts