MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
I saw it in person Thurs night here in DC. The local dealer had it up on a stand with up lighting and it looked quite stunning in the tri color scheme. The bike looked very nice....except for the swingarm with it's giant scars for welds. All in all, though, a good event and met some very nice people from the Monster.org board.

I guess it isn't true what they say...Ducs are for Shmucks. :stir:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Undisclosed secure location". I wonder if that means they're going to take the 150 guest to a local race track to see the 1098 in action

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I stopped by Pro Italia and the 1098 unveiling at dealers is going to be nationwide. PI says they'll be showing it only on Saturdady 2/10. The first models coming in will be 1098S but their demo model should be coming in around early March.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wondering if anyone else is going? I'm going to go over and check it out - but I'll be in a rental car.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you mean going to Scottsdale, yes Donna and I are planning to attend.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. We'll be at Scottsdale. Any idea where this undisclosed location will be? I was thinking Firebird Raceway but someone else said they believe it will be in a warehouse.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'll be at the one in Tucson. I took the day off even. I need to take Fridays off now and then and I figure this would be a good day.

If anyone else is around, maybe a ride up Mt. Lemmon will be in order.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I went and saw it.

It is indeed a motorcycle. It's slightly more desireable looking than the 999 I guess.

I don't know about bikes these days. Nothing really floats my boat like the MV. My MV. All I really want is something I can rail around corners on and not worry too much about anything else. I guess what I really need is a (&^[email protected] Suzuki or something...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I'm here in Phoenix and plan on attending. I don't plan on getting a 1098 for a while but since David sent the invite and haven't seen my family in a while...

Anyways, I'll post some pictures of the event tonight.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well, are the pictures. The location was a place call Hangar One by the Scottsdale airpark. They has some Ducati bikes and Italian cars on the outside and their first customers 1098S in the hangar.

Overall, a good experience - but for some reason, I had the impression the bike was going to make a flyby run on the air field. The 1098 looked pretty agressive in the flesh.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Donna and I also went. Kudos to David and Josh for hosting such an event and the venue was very nice, but it wasn't as thrilling as I hoped for. Looking at Benelli last week and Ducati tonight, I have to say no one has the attention to detail that MV displays.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the mystique of the event, had my expectations going in a different direction. At first I thought it would be at Firebird even though there's no way you could get from Scottsdale to Maricopa in the time frame. A gentlemen, mentioned it was going to be at Hanger One at the airport, and then I got the idea that we'd get to see the 1098 run down the air strip.

But in all fairness, Scottsdale Ducati did go through a lot of time and expense to make the 1098 launch happen. I'll try to stop by tomorrow if I can squeeze the time. It's nice to be back home, btw. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I went last night to Pro Italia's private unveiling (I'm such a rockstar... :loser: ) of the 1098S. It was nice because in addition to the nice Italian candy on display, food and ice cold beer was served, and there was only about 15 people there at any one time. I had a few Fat Tires, and some Focassia (sp?), and took a few pics. I also was able to sit on the S (felt comfy, with a shorter reach, very narrow at the knees), and was offered a test ride next week, which I think I will make time to do!

Note the familiar track stand(!).

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/twoeleven_1098spreviewpartyatproit

Enjoy,

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Well, I saw it. Then I looked at the 3 F4's in the shop, which can be had for pretty much the same money.

No question, I'll be getting an F4 later. Either that, or wait a year and buy a rashed 1098 for under $10k.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 27 Posts