MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRIxbID6HI

Not the best sound quality and I think the camera guy was on percodans..but dayum!

After I bought my last Ducati, I swore I'd never buy another but.. I may have to rethink this.. Let me reiterate...dayum! :yo:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Sound nice. I think the 999 and 998 had a difference sound but this sounds like the 998. One thing I don't like is the clacky-clack-clack of the dry clutch.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
^^ True...that's actually my favorite thing about Ducs sans thier exhaust note. A LOUD, OPEN CASED, AFTERMARKET, DRY CLUTCH sound is awesome. It's great to listen to the squids too, "Man...there's something wrong with that bike...."

·
Registered
301 Posts
Pirate said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRIxbID6HI

Not the best sound quality and I think the camera guy was on percodans..but dayum!

After I bought my last Ducati, I swore I'd never buy another but.. I may have to rethink this.. Let me reiterate...dayum! :yo:
I could not resist it - I ordered a 1098 in November, delivery is due in about 4 weeks!!!

Now I'm thinking of trading my MV F4SR 750 for a F41000 R - I want one of those nasty all black shinny ones!!
:devil: :smoking: :smoking:

..... :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

Doc

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
sound nice
i can't still decide which bike i shoud get.

MV F4 1000R OR 1098 ? HUM.... :confused:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
punisher203 said:
sound nice
i can't still decide which bike i shoud get.

MV F4 1000R OR 1098 ? HUM.... :confused:
Wait about 6 more weeks (till early March) and head to Pro Italia with your check book. They'll have a 1098 demo by then and they have a F41000S demo in thier fleet now.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Wait about 6 more weeks (till early March) and head to Pro Italia with your check book. They'll have a 1098 demo by then and they have a F41000S demo in thier fleet now.

i think that's good idea
sound good
thank you ^^

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
spalding12 said:
that is a wonderful sound to ducati owners
i'll be putting an OPEN CLUTCH COVER on mine... just to make that noise louder (a very common thing on any ducati sportbike)
Sounds like someone's in love! I'll see it in the flesh this Thursday, finally!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Will do!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
That sounds pretty great, and it would sound similiar to a couple of previous ducati's but thats because it is a ducati at the end of the day, whatever they have changed on it.

But still would keep my 1000R than buying a 1098.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Don't like it. Sounds like a big tractor...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have heard the 1098 in the flesh on a track, and it actually sounds even better than that video.You can't deny they sound distinctive and you are either a fan or not. I still have a soft spot for the Ducati sound. The clutch I used to think was real cool, but after a few years it gave me the shits. When I got my first F4 I fell in love with the more refined sound (must be getting old?).
I may be weird but my F4 1000 with RG3'S sounds awesome, and I still get a thrill out of making it scream.
Go to the media section and have a listen. For me I think both sound the best in motorcycling, you have the I-4 and the V TWIN, it's great to have choices.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts