MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
The 1098 is using new-old stock 998 frame left-overs :p

Man, the 999 next to those, looks absolutely horrific...

Also, I think that smooth curve on the mid fairing, is what made the 998 so gorgeous, not the sharp(er) angle/corner that most sportbikes have today....

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
No the 1098 frame is definitely different. Note the reinforcement on the upper triangle near the seat. Also the main tube is clearly larger than on the 998. I think you are right about the fairing though, it shoud definetly follow the curve of the wheel.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I wonder if the seat lifts up at all, like the 916 and F4? Doesn't look like it if that's all one piece from the tail to under the tank like that.

I prefer the 998's wheels. I don't think much of the current trend in wheel design, from Ducati, Aprilia or MV. They just don't "flow", in my opinion.

The paint looks orangey, but that's perhaps just the photo. I like the lustrous red of the early 916's. (They claim to have never changed it, but the later 996 and 999's red never looked so deep.)

I noticed in the other pics there's no-longer an engine name appendage on the decals. Have they given this engine a name other that Testastretta?

I think it looks quite Derbi-like, or (older) Aprilia RS125 in styling.

Oh, and that picture's been doctored to remove the mirrors and licence plate holder, right? You should also extend the bellypan to the oil-catcher racing size. See what it'd look like in race trim.

I think a rear hugger is definitely more required than ever before. That powervalve (ForzaValvole?) is quite exposed back there.

It's taken me four days to decide that I want one, followed by four seconds to realise I can't afford one. Life's a bitch, eh? :(

Si

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
oicdn said:
Man, the 999 next to those, looks absolutely horrific...
That 999 pic was obviously choosen to look bad in front of the enhanced ones of the 998 and 1098 ;)

This one would look better.
Anyway....... the 999 has to be seen in person :smoking:

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
MV-999R said:
That 999 pic was obviously choosen to look bad in front of the enhanced ones of the 998 and 1098 ;)

Or maybe this one ....... with all due respect, horrific is different!

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Has anyone seen pics of the Tricolore? :confused:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yupz..the dealer told me that the Tricolore will be delivered first. Followed 4 weeks later by the S and the standard 1098, but then again who the hell knows. :) If the tricolore shows up first, that's the one I'm getting. Yippeee!! Part of me wishes the rumor to be true.

Sheesh.. I hope the wifey is not reading this.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
MV-999R said:

I actually think the 999 looks even worse in the flesh....
Time to let it go and stop pushing the 999...yesterdays news. The new 1098 is what the people have been craving for.

Funny how my 2000 F4 still looks fresh as a daisy:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts