MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formerly known as Lumiator
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just wondering how to remove this so called "steering vibration damper" on the 1090RR.
I mean this has got nothing to do with "damping", has it?

Has anyone removed it already? Any special tool needed for that job?

All I found in the manual was how to adjust the "damper" in section F. Can't find how to remove it.

Cheers
Juergen

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I'm just wondering how to remove this so called "steering vibration damper" on the 1090RR.
I mean this has got nothing to do with "damping", has it?

Has anyone removed it already? Any special tool needed for that job?

All I found in the manual was how to adjust the "damper" in section F. Can't find how to remove it.

Cheers
Juergen
I assume you mean the steering damper Juergen.
Download the Workshop Manuals man, you've been on the forum long enough to know this by now :naughty::thewife:
Why do you want to remove it ?
It's just bolts, undo them.:)

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you mean the steering damper Juergen.
Download the Workshop Manuals man, you've been on the forum long enough to know this by now :naughty::thewife:
Why do you want to remove it ?
It's just bolts, undo them.:)
Hey Dons,

I do have the Workshop Manuals, believe me. :violin:
And I always read in there first before I take the risk to ask silly questions, believe me. :violin:
And, I really don't see any indication how to remove this "sliding ring"- thing shown in the picture, believe me. :violin:

:naughty:

And it would be good to know whether this slider-ring can be pulled straight upwards.
As described already: I don't see a removal hint in the Workshop Manual.

Here the pic, maybe also interesting to understand how it is planned to work. This has got nothing to do with a damper. That's just ballast.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Mine definitely made a difference on how the bike turned in. First time I rode it the steering seemed really loose so I added a couple of turns on the damper and it made a world of difference

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Here the pic, maybe also interesting to understand how it is planned to work. This has got nothing to do with a damper. That's just ballast.

That is one piss poor example of a steering damper. :wtf:
I'm sure the Scott version is a better version.
Love the Carbon handlebars Juergen.:mouthwate

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right with both, man.

The "damper" is crap.

And the gorgeous handlebar is a LSL X01.

Unfortunately it doesn't have the right diameter to fit in the MV clamps by factory.
An expanding reamer can solve this. :smoking:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts