MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, anyone out there with 1090RR with a race ECU can you let me know how many km you get from full to reserve light coming on.

If you have figures for sport mode/normal mode that would be even better.

Mines a 2012 model and I got a rather disappointing 185km before the nag light came on, this was in normal not sport mode. However after a total of 200km I only managed to get about 17 litres in it....

Comments please from other owners ?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I had the race ECU installed. Reserve light came on at 160 - 180 km. After mapping it comes on at app 240 -250 km.

The only difference between the sport and standard mode is a different ignition map (what I have heard).

·
Registered
629 Posts
Mine is dynoed and remapped. 180 hp at the crank or 167 hp at the rear wheel.

I'm around 7 l/100 km (or 33,5 mpg for my American friends ;) ). But I never emptied a whole tank on my Brutale. Took my lesson when I had to push my bike to the next gas station :( .

The 2012+ RR revs higher than the other models.....

It also matters where and how you drive. I'm riding only on the twisty roads here and from time to time on the Autobahn ;) . No commuting.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, a test today, 170km, 12.83 litres so the race ecu and PC-V are working OK. I think I may not have filled it up properly the first time.

Now to try it in sport mode and see if there is any difference.....

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But still only getting 200km ish until the light comes on. BUT then only getting 16 litres of fuel in it when I'm expecting to get at least 19..... Does the light come on when 4 litres left as the manual says ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Rawskins,i foolishly ran my1090RR dry and it took just over 21 litres to fill on the sidestand,i get about the same Ks with Arrow headers and standard mufflers,by the way,great colour. cheers steve

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey Richard,
that's why I just stuck with the arrow headers and changed nothing else, I get at least 245k before the light comes on and if I fill pretty much straight away I also can only get in 16 ltrs, of which I believe its a 23 ltr tank, so at least another 7 ltrs to go before empty, I have gone upto 320k before filling which is great for a decent ride out without having to worry about where the next gas station is.

James

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so as I thought someone in Italy didn't update that page of the manual and it still says 4 litres when the light comes on.... So by my maths I have around 100km once the light comes on not 50, will experiment one day when the can in the garage is full and the misses is at home ;-)

·
Registered
589 Posts
That does not sound too much worse than im getting out of a standard 1090RR. In sport mode, ridden "normal" on the road, I usually get 120-130miles before the light comes on

However I do rider for at least another 30 miles and then I still only got 21Litres in it, a couple more to go. So i reckon true tank range is around 160-170miles - about 270KM ....you could get more easy if you cruise at 60mph

Ive put 21L in it a few times on the sidestand, its supposed to be a 23L tank so seems about right

·
Registered
589 Posts
But still only getting 200km ish until the light comes on. BUT then only getting 16 litres of fuel in it when I'm expecting to get at least 19..... Does the light come on when 4 litres left as the manual says ?
pretty much so, maybe a little sooner, depending on if you fill on side stand or bike upright. When the light is on I usually have a 17 to 19 litre fill up

If I leave the light on 20 miles or so I might get 20L in it ....the light seems pretty accurate, when it comes on you just about have 4.5L or a UK gallon left. Which is probably 40 cruising miles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts