MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where to get one from?....i must be blind i cannot find one anywhere.prefer in the uk?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Never heard of it...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'm sure i saw one mentioned in a post by an ozzie ? I think it was about $65aus?
I wouldn't normally bother with one , but as you would have to replace the whole unit at HUGE expense I can see the point now .

·
Super Moderator
22,445 Posts
There is headlight protection film. It is essentially a very thick version of paint protection film. It goes on the same way. Use a positioning spray to prevent premature adhesion. Form with a heat gun or hair dryer. Trim with a razor blade.

http://www.clearmask.com/lightgard.php

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Australian Motorcycle Headlight Protectors (AMHP):

http://69.73.189.40/~amhphdx2/amhpshop/index.php?cPath=37&osCsid=a8703adf6eceaad04c5bb1eb66226561

:)

P.S. They used my bike as a template to make a protector for the 2010 Brutale,as they didn't have one for the 2010 when I inquired a year ago (previous models didn't need a section cut out at the top to fit).

P.P.S Also recommend that you use 2 strips of u-lock to apply. The 4 round u-locks provided did not hold very well - I will post pics later tonight.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just bought one from Trooper Lu's in Sydney yesterday, they keep them in stock due to my smashed headlight.

.....you would'nt believe it but this is the first bike that I have not had a headlight protector (only because there was not one available when I bought my bike late last year) and I get the headlight broken following a truck:lightning:lightning.....I have to get it replaced under insurance because I don't have a lazy $1700 lying around to fix it......

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me know what they say please .

they said no problem,there sending me a paypal invoice $127 i think thats just over £85.00 but thats a small price to pay.

We are getting these in stock come end of next week, drop us a PM if your intrested and we will let you know when they arrive.
bloody heck...if the invioce dosnt come through i will be chasing you up for one.
cheers

·
Registered
449 Posts
hmmmmmm....buy it from StarTwinTrading @ €603.75 = AUD$747.89 plus shipping (about $100)...or get a headlight protector BEFORE you break the lens...:)

http://www.startwintrading.com/en/model/brutale/brutale_990_-_10/oem/696
Yes I know about Star Twins price, but for my $600 excess on my insurance it's cheaper, the dealer installs it (just in case they stuff it up, they have to fix it, rather than me) I will have a warranty on it, etc. It just makes it easier.....

Also, I've paid enough Insurance over the years so it's about time I started to use it........

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quick up date on my headlight protector.they got the price wrong and now the delivered price is £65.00 which seems more reasonable.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice !
If I understand correctly, its just a transparent sticker.
But does the heat nog give any problems, with air bubbles for example?

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
quick up date on my headlight protector.they got the price wrong and now the delivered price is £65.00 which seems more reasonable.
:yo: AMHP are pretty good when it comes to pricing !

Glad you got it sorted ! :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nice !
If I understand correctly, its just a transparent sticker.
But does the heat nog give any problems, with air bubbles for example?

Cheers,
The transparent film is OK for small stones, but if you get a 'larger' stone hitting the headlight, it will still shatter the lens.

Makes better sense to get a headlight protector which is made out of approx. 3mm plastic, which is MUCH stronger and better protection...:smoking:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts