MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my 2012 1090RR back in April last year I've been running further and further once the fuel warning has appeared.

Made it 70km tonight and it still hadn't run out, so the owners manual lies, definitely more than 4litres left once the light comes on!!

Will see how much is in the tank tomorrow when I drain it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When my light comes on its usually around 185-200 km travelled. It only ever takes 15 litres of fuel without fail if I get fuel as soon as the light comes on. I have done 255 km on one tank and it didn't run out but suspect it was close. If im doing high speed stuff my bike is more economical going further before the light comes on. I think I could do 270 km to a tank. 250 km is safe as I have done it multiple times. Pretty awesome for something with that much power I recon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've been waiting for someone to figure this out - my light comes on at about 135 miles (217 km) and it always takes about 4 gallons - so about 16 litres I think - so about 5 litres left. Anxious to hear what the real range is!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I'm not the only one! I've never got more than 20litres in it even after 50km with the light on.
I have found you can get about another litre in the tank once it is "full" if you really brim it ;-)

When I pulled the tank this morning there was about another litre in it, not sure how much the pump would be able to get of it.

Try it at your own risk, but my calculations based on my bike at 8ltrs/100km say over 270km should be possible for 22litres. My light normally comes on at 215km add to that the 70km I managed above gives 285 ...

·
Registered
121 Posts
So I'm not the only one! I've never got more than 20litres in it even after 50km with the light on.
I have found you can get about another litre in the tank once it is "full" if you really brim it ;-)

When I pulled the tank this morning there was about another litre in it, not sure how much the pump would be able to get of it.

Try it at your own risk, but my calculations based on my bike at 8ltrs/100km say over 270km should be possible for 22litres. My light normally comes on at 215km add to that the 70km I managed above gives 285 ...
I'm getting pretty much same figures with my 2012RR

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
My 2011 1090rr gets 250km to light on. I drained the tank after fuel light on, having done 10kms to get home. I only got 1.25 litres out, which means I will be walking at 275 kms. With a stock bike apart from an aftermarket air filter I get 15kms per litre, mostly on open roads.

I don't believe the 22 litre spec. Beware!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been waiting for someone to figure this out - my light comes on at about 135 miles (217 km) and it always takes about 4 gallons - so about 16 litres I think - so about 5 litres left. Anxious to hear what the real range is!
You are getting good mileage out of that. I have a Brutale 1090 (Not in Registry) I drive rather easy and my light hits around 130 miles or usually 4.1 gallons of gas. The tank is supposedly 6.07 gallons so that leaves 1.97 gallons in reserve or 7.45L left.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did a run up the Putty Road yesterday and got over 225 before the light came on. That's closer to 7 litres/100km, getting out of Sydney traffic definitely helps :)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
yep,my mates 1090rr dyno tuned was getting around 300 to dead empty and grabbing a lift. Pretty damn good for this type of bike.

·
Registered
933 Posts
My 1078RR gets about 290 to 310 to the tank ,that's with a 19 litre tank and the fuel light comes on at about 235 to 245 which is 15 litres burned and 4 to go , definitely gets better mileage at higher than speed limit speeds. Do the 1090`s have a slightly larger capacity tank ?

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
The 2010 1090RR tank capacity is listed as 19 liters (5.02 U.S. gallons) in the Owners Manual.

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
That's a nice jump in volume.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts