MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Can anyone tell me if the front indicator unit in the mirror is the same worldwide and whether it is also used on other models.

Mine has had an intermitant fault for a while and i am trying to source a used replacement .

Any help and advice welcome .

Steve

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I have both stock mirrors. Does the signal come out or is it glued in. Either way you can have it. Where are you

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

Once you have carefully removed the glass the turn signal is held in by 6 small screws .

I am in the UK

I am interested if you want to PM me .

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Took the lense off and there are no screws. The signal is molded into the mirror so maybe there is a difference in model years. Don't think mine will be any good since the tabs holding the signal in are broken

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry , i meant you must first remove the mirror glass , there is then one more screw to remove the adjustable mirror backing plate , before you get to the screws that hold the indicator unit .

What year is your bike ?

Steve

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have also put advert in wanted section , still hoping to find replacement unit before going down aftermarket route .

·
Registered
867 Posts
Steve do yourself a favour and ditch the mirror signal combo and get a bar end mirror and a Rizoma turn signal you can order the connector cable so you don't have to cut and splice anything, not only looks great but you will then be able to see out of your mirrors.

James

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorted now thanks to Forza Italia Silverstone supplying an indicator unit form a damaged mirror.

Nearly went down the aftermarket route but want to keep as close to stock Agusta as possible .

Thanks for all replys

Steve

·
Registered
108 Posts

Nearly went down the aftermarket route but want to keep as close to stock Agusta as possible .

I totally agree in almost every instance, but not this one. Bin the cow horns...they're ugly, cheap and unreliable.

I just completed Rizoma Zero 11 install and they look brilliant. They match the styling perfect, they're safer (whole body illuminates for side vis) and build qual is incredible...how they shulda come stock in the first place IMO!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ive got a pair from my 2012 that I took off straight away, didn't like look or what my vision from them was like, im in aus though so you would have to pay for shipping, bar ends are the go though far better view, but each to there own

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got the blockoff plates off eBay btw. Melloti parts, or something like that. Alloy, fit well, came with everything you need.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread but wondering if anyone knows if you can mount turn signals on the headlight bracket on a 2013 like you can on a 2009 and older? The Rizoma Zero lists compatibility with. Brutale's 2009 and older. I bought a set of CRG Arrows and need to figure out what to do about turn signals.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread but wondering if anyone knows if you can mount turn signals on the headlight bracket on a 2013 like you can on a 2009 and older? The Rizoma Zero lists compatibility with. Brutale's 2009 and older. I bought a set of CRG Arrows and need to figure out what to do about turn signals.

Aren't your signals in your mirrors? So you're removing the mirrors and want to install the Rizomas in front correct? If so, no the headlight brackets on the older B4s has an existing mounting for the signals. You could modify by drill/dremel, or pickup the bracket with mounts off eBay, I would think. Maybe someone here has a set.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Multipass if you decide to drill your existing bracket this should give you an idea of positioning. I stuck on masking tape and marked out on the tape, start with a small pilot remembering the old adage of "measure twice cut once". At the risk of stating the obvious you will need to remove the headlight.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts