MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI guys

i just bought a 1090RR few weeks ago

most of time, when i turn off the engine and stop the my bike. i found out the cooling water leaking on ground sometimes. it not so much, only leaking around 30sec and it stop. also the area like a hand size on the ground.

i would like to know is it normal for this bike??

are you guys happend it before?

[/IMG]

the water is coming out from these pipes (lift one ) how to call this pipe?
[/IMG]

Is it overfilled? I can see the whole blue cooling water in the small white tank ! Is it mean too much water?

Please kindly to tell me where is lower lever?
The picture is down to the #24, which is in page 3. Please check it for me

Thank you guys :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Where is it dripping from, overflow? Under the shifter? If its the radiator overflow, I think they all do on occassion. Cooling system might need to be burped meaning some air is trapped in there which make it run warm. Under the engine might be water pump seal which drips out under the left side of the engine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where is it dripping from, overflow? Under the shifter? If its the radiator overflow, I think they all do on occassion. Cooling system might need to be burped meaning some air is trapped in there which make it run warm. Under the engine might be water pump seal which drips out under the left side of the engine.
thanks for reply

i am not sure does it call overflow or not.
on the pic. you can see 2 black small pipe( it looks like a straw)
and cooling water dripping from one of it.
and it always happend !

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
There is air in the system. When you stop There is a steep temp gradient between the cylinder and the coolant in the jacket..This is no longer being circulated and so a shunt effect occurs and any air in the system expands and shoves coolant out of the overflow..

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
From Cold..Take the filler cap off the header tank..

Warm the bike to about 80 C ie hot but not boiling point..air bubbles will rise. switch off ...let it cool abit..top up to lower level..cap on ..ride...next day do same...Do this a few times and the air will be purged.

The important point to bear in mind is that it is difficult to do in one go..

joe

·
Super Moderator
22,474 Posts
Joe's advice is close. I have this same bike..actually my wife does. It comes overfilled from the factory, and most people habitually overfill the MV coolant head tank. It will seek a normal level. The 1090RR runs cool, it doesn't have any overheating issues. Allow the system to purge itself it will stop and level will be very low in the head tank. That is fine and NORMAL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dear Joe

What is your mean by "top up to the lower level" ?

Does it mean "to fill some cooling water again to the right level . And ride it . And do it few times then will be no leaking anymore?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joe's advice is close. I have this same bike..actually my wife does. It comes overfilled from the factory, and most people habitually overfill the MV coolant head tank. It will seek a normal level. The 1090RR runs cool, it doesn't have any overheating issues. Allow the system to purge itself it will stop and level will be very low in the head tank. That is fine and NORMAL.
Ok thanks for the reply
I will tell the shop dont overfill it. Next time

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
It's ok @Ton - very normal (*and especially after a service as per Silent's comments.)

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
My R1090 did the same thing from new and it was because the dealer overfilled it. Once the coolant level was correct, no more problem.

Cheers

Wayne

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also make sure the reservoir cap is tight, or it will leak out overflow tube. Mine did this when I un-crated and did the PDI.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
dripper?

Also make sure the reservoir cap is tight, or it will leak out overflow tube. Mine did this when I un-crated and did the PDI.
it always leaks out the overflow tube......whether the cap is tight or not:stickpoke

if its overfilled........

unless there is a leak:jsm:

ton2278;
fill it to the lower level mark and you will be good to go

unless you have a MicroTec ECU :naughty:
the fans come on at 85C and it absolutely won't go over 91C:drummer::drummer::drummer:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts