MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone

Im looking at a 2014 1090RR, but there are no demo bikes available in the UK for me to try. I have ridden a Dragster RR, and it was nice, just a little small for me and im not sold on the chopped rear styling, so a 1090 is what I prefer

what is the throttle mapping like on them ? still a bit snatchy like the 1078 is reported to be ?

Are there any easy fixes to soften the throttle a little ? does an aftermarket fueller help as I do plan to fit an exhaust + PC or similar

Is the 2014 Dragster fuelling/throttle response a good indication of what the 2014 1090rr is like ? if so, I can cope with that :)

thanks

bogie

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
1078 was two generations and 4 years ago, so it bears little relation in terms of throttle response.
If you do some searching on here, you will find different approaches and results with respect to remapping to suit exhaust changes. E.g. PC, Rexxer, Race ecu and Microtec from Xbikes.

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts
I have a 2010 1090RR and it has no throttle issues.
Keep in mind that the Dragster is a tripple 800 and the 1090RR is an in-line 4 with 1000 cc....

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
yep ,its smooth.So is my 1078rr after spending a fortune on it. They did a pretty good job on the 1090rr they have used different throttle bodies.Can you take one for a test ride?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have a 2014 RR and the throllle is smooth. Much better then the 2012 R I had. Great bike! Go get it and enjoy.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. Reason im asking is there are no demo 1090rr in the Uk that I can find....but Ive tried the 2014 800rr and it was fine

Anyway, i placed the order late today, and pick it up on Saturday, 2014 1090RR in white/red/blue ....not long to wait, will post some pics when at the weekend :)

cheers
bogie

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
My other mate has exactly the same bike ,what we did was go one tooth down on the front sprocket,so he could do wheelies in 3 rd gear easier.the after 2012 bikes have a different ratio motor than the previous models .look up the 2011 specs to the 2014 .still fantastic bike.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked her up today but only managed a hundred miles so far. Neednt have worried, fuelling is perfect and throttle spot on in any mode

all great, what a lovely bike so far :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts