MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
greetings

Recently I have purchased an used 2011 1090R. Its the most fun bike i have ever ridden. In the past i had R1 and RSV4. But this brutale has unreal low end torque. It will just power wheelie in any RPM with twist of throttle. Even at low RPM the front will come up effortlessly. It is very stable in corners as well.

However, I like the look of single seat better. But the seat it comes with is a banana seat. So i am wondering if it's a simple direct swap from 1090RR seat ?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm pretty sure the latch mechanisms are different (1090R latches under pillion and 1090RR latches under rider), but the general framing for them should be the same. If you had the 1090RR hardware it should transfer over. Maybe someone could post a picture showing the under seat arrangement of the 1090RR to compare with your own. Not sure what the availability or cost is like for the parts though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did look into this a while back when considering the opposite swap; the lock mechanism is transferable. If I remember correctly, the only part needed was a different length cable from the 1090R but being that you are going from 1090R to 1090RR maybe you can make it work as is...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry in the middle of the north sea no access to bike. But RR arrangement is pillion pad hooks on at the rear and is secured by a Dzus type fastening at the front of the pillion pad, the rider pad is hooked under the tank and has a push type latch to secure at the rear of the rider pad, this requires the key to unlock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not a lot of storage space there.
My falco has approx the same space but the relays are mounted outside the subframe.
Now I can store an extra set of gloves, dB killers and a tyre repair set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts