MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike been left a week and won't start, I just get the clicks from under the seat, even though the battery seems fine my guess is its not, had this problem with my Aprilia, voltage and everthing ok just won't turn the engine, wouldn't mind but bike hasn't really been anywhere, only done about 10 miles! will try another battery tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
22,486 Posts
First verify proper voltage and terminal tightness. A loose (or dirty/corroded) negative or positive battery cable will produce those results.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Mine does that when I leave it for a while, have you tried jump starting it with one of those battery packs ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am going to try the battery of my Aprilia which I know is good, if that doesn't work it will have to go the dealer, when all said and done this is a new bike but i know if the battery isn't 100% the electronics won't allow the engine to turn over?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds like flat battery? You sure both batteries are good? I'd leave one on charge for 24hours and try again..

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Yeah...mine 'let me down' at the traffic lights when I first got it... stalled it and it just would not start...had to get it brought home by brake down van....very embarassing AND annoying with a new bike. Was the battery... and keeping it on the 'optimate' since has cured it. Never had this with any of my other bikes though...your battery needs to be strong for these bikes. And turning it over with a 'dodgey' battery I then get flooding... As 'farl' says charge for a good 24 hrs and try again...but keep it on the 'optimate'. Hope it works out OK. Brian.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorted, was the battery, two were supplied with the bike, one fitted and one in the box, these so called new batteries are no good if they are stored too long. Just been out on it for the 1st time, very impressed with the torque/handling/brakes/sound, one issue, r/h mirror rattles around 3500 rpm which is annoying, is this a common issue? is there a fix? Louder exhaust maybe :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm sorry to say this but the buzzing from the mirror will only get worse. After messing around with bits of foam and tape I eventually gave up, removed the mirrors, relocated the turn signals and fitted a set of Rizoma mirrors. Still try a stubby sport exhaust first, its about the best mod you can do anyway.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I heard from the "vine" that MV will have new mirrors to address the vibration issues in March. (no idea if a warrantee item...damn well should be). Also some carbon mirrors with signals incorporated will be available from Evolutione very shortly. I currently am running no mirrors for 2 reasons. A minor lowside broke the left and the vibration was just tooooo anooooooyyyyyyiiiiiinnnnnnggggg to replace it, so I pulled 'em both.. Ahh what a relief not hear thaat frigging buzzinggggg!!!!!! Waiting...Waiting.... It's the only complaint I have with my 1090 ....4,000 kms now.

·
Registered
456 Posts
hopefully with any luck the new mirrors will have a longer stalk to them to actually be of any use, these "nice looking" but totally useless mirrors are a terrible design choice at the very least make the bike with a set of "nice" mirrors but also include with the purchase a set of mirrors that are actually useful. the buzziness isn't a problem form me, its the fact that regardless of buzziness you can't see sh&t in them buzzy or even standing still.

the turn signals in back of the mirrors are a great design element, i almost want to put the streetfighter ducati mirrors on the bike beczuse they actualy are useful.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Not good when you buy a new bike and the battery is stuffed!

I would be so angry!!

Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the MV world and this forum!

·
Registered
112 Posts
one issue, r/h mirror rattles around 3500 rpm which is annoying, is this a common issue? is there a fix?
my left hand mirror vibrated down, my right hand vibrated up! Hopeless, less than useless, so I bought these:
http://www.thirdgear.com.au/products/Kent-Motorcycle-Bar-End-Mirrors-%2d-Silver-Mirror.html

Can't fault the quality, and they work (well 150% over the stock ones - still get some vibration around 7000rpm, but at least I can still see something!).

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It seems MV use 2 types of battery Yuassa (quality) and another make of battery, the other type is not of the same quality, suffice to say mine was fitted with the other type!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you tried the Spare Key? Sometimes ignition keys do funny stuff like not to be recognized by the bike...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Same issue here :(

Bike been left a week and won't start, I just get the clicks from under the seat, even though the battery seems fine my guess is its not, had this problem with my Aprilia, voltage and everthing ok just won't turn the engine, wouldn't mind but bike hasn't really been anywhere, only done about 10 miles! will try another battery tomorrow.
I have about 950mi on my 1090 and had the same issue today. We had a break from all the rain and I wanted to take my toys out for a spin... Ducati. Check. Evo. Check. Brutale. Click. Click. Click. I put the battery on charge for about 30mins and she fired right up. I had the same problem with my Evo. It got to the point where I did not trust turning it off for fear of not restarting.

So, time to replace the battery. I'm looking at the Shorai Lithium Ion batteries. Does anyone here have any experience with them? I guess i'll do a search and see...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts