MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there's a separate part number for just the mirror glass? If not...WHY?

Riding home last night in the dark and had something come flying at me, bang off the tank and smack me in the chest. Little plastic doo-dads that the ball joint ring fits around had broken off! Luckily, scratches were light, but can't seem to find a part number for just the glass. I know a lot of owners change out to aftermarket signals and mirrors; anyone have spare glass?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mirror glass isn't available from the dealer, just the whole mirror assembly. I might have a spare mirror
Glass laying around, but I got no idea what side you lost. Also, if your still under warranty, or even not too far past it, a good dealer might get you a free replacement. They did it for me. You can also check eBay .

·
Registered
272 Posts
got mine warrantied too.. the silly indicator lens fell off.. then the mirror flew off a week later due to increased wind resistance. It is a known problem, so it's an "easier" claim than most.. ... make the claim..

it is definitely a one-piece unit.. used sets of mirrors are worth ~150-200 I would think.. less than a single new one..

make the claim if the bike is under warranty..

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
sdhow, what year is your bike?

I have a set of 2011 Brutale 1090RR mirrors that I took off my bike when I purchased Rizoma Naked L mirrors.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the same happen to me after I picked up the bike and tried to adjust the mirror. First mod was to put bar end. Stock mirrors were pretty bad to begin with, not worth replacing back to stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got mine warrantied too.. the silly indicator lens fell off.. then the mirror flew off a week later due to increased wind resistance. It is a known problem, so it's an "easier" claim than most.. ... make the claim..

it is definitely a one-piece unit.. used sets of mirrors are worth ~150-200 I would think.. less than a single new one..

make the claim if the bike is under warranty..
It looks like they "upgraded" the design in 2011 or 12. Warranty was up on my bike in '13, but Bobby at Munroe Motors (in SF) said he'd try to submit a claim, given the history of these things. Said they might cover the parts, as it's a known problem.

Waiting for a call back.

·
Registered
181 Posts
sdhow if all else fails you could have a replacement mirror made from acrylic mirror they can be cut to any shape. You could make a template of your right hand mirror and just flip it giving you a template for the left.

·
Registered
465 Posts
sdhow if all else fails you could have a replacement mirror made from acrylic mirror they can be cut to any shape. You could make a template of your right hand mirror and just flip it giving you a template for the left.
What do you do about the cup end, that's attached to the backside of the mirror? The new mirror glass needs to snap into the ball socket.

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
Which is fine if you have the socket; but, what usuallyhappens is the whole shootin' match falls out at speed somewhere and it is gone.

My wife was lucky: hers popped out as she adjusted it and it simply came off in her hand at 75 mph entering a highway...she calmly tucked it into her jacket and handed it to me when she pulled up at the next stop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As others have pointed out, it isn't the glass itself, but the plastic ball socket on the glass backing plate that cracks. That's why I think FAR redesigned these for 2011. I've got the glass...I caught mine when it hit me in the chest!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts