MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am sure the gear change return spring has broken on my 1090, lever is 'floppy'... not impressed on a bike that has only done 4500 miles, lucky it went just as I was setting off from home.. :(

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Am sure the gear change return spring has broken on my 1090, lever is 'floppy'... not impressed on a bike that has only done 4500 miles, lucky it went just as I was setting off from home.. :(
That's too bad Shaun at this time of year...try Mark at Time Machine.Essex.he may have one.

atb

joe

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's too bad Shaun at this time of year...try Mark at Time Machine.Essex.he may have one.

atb

joe
Joe, contacted Russ at Bennetts, he is trying to locate a spring through MotoGB as a warranty claim, seems like mine is not the first to fail, thanks anyway.

Shaun

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mine broke just beside the Nurburgring whilst away touring two weeks ago. Got a nice guy in Coln to fit me a new one. Will be sending the invoice to MotoGB, wish me luck. Was told by the nice german that it is a recall and he showed me the new strengthened spring, said he'd fitted 5 already.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Joe, contacted Russ at Bennetts, he is trying to locate a spring through MotoGB as a warranty claim, seems like mine is not the first to fail, thanks anyway.

Shaun
Russ is a good guy. I hope MotoGb have one in stock for you so you don't lose too much of the summer.

atb

joe

·
Registered
207 Posts
spring

that sucks BILLY i have 10,000 on mine so far so good. maby it was a freak thing. i hope so. i hate to hear things going wrong with these bikes. there soposed to be the best. yes or no? its italian. quality control issues maby :smoking: :jsm: :bawling:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Recall

Guys
To all 1090 owners.
The gear change return spring is a recall. Get onto your dealer before it breaks, and it will break. It took the techs in Germany two hours to find the other half of my spring when it broke. I dread to think what damage that could have done. I'm assured that your dealer will change it for the new uprated spring FOC.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Guys
To all 1090 owners.
The gear change return spring is a recall. Get onto your dealer before it breaks, and it will break. It took the techs in Germany two hours to find the other half of my spring when it broke. I dread to think what damage that could have done. I'm assured that your dealer will change it for the new uprated spring FOC.
Is this a worldwide recall? Do you have any further info? :jsm::banghead:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is this a worldwide recall? Do you have any further info? :jsm::banghead:
When mine broke last week, whilst touring in Germany, the guy at the MV Dealer in coln showed me the recall note on his computer. I still had to pay him for the repair because MotoGB had not registered my bike on the international system. I was advised by him to claim the money back off MotoGB when I got home. The replacement spring is an uprated/stronger spring.

·
Registered
50 Posts
spoke to my dealer last night who was not aware of the recall, said he would check and get back to me....he phoned me back later on and said he checked with Moto GB... there is no recall... however if it breaks, then they will replace the spring under warranty.....! not good or what I would have expected from MV....!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sthere is no recall... however if it breaks, then they will replace the spring under warranty.....! not good or what I would have expected from MV....!!!
...and they may have a major engine rebuild to do if the detached part of the spring makes its way into engine, I think its not a long job to change so am puzzled by no recall?

·
Registered
207 Posts
return spring

BILLYWHIZZZ it is a re call of the spring. mine finley let go at 9,200 miles. the shop will fix it for nothing. the new update spring ssoposed to be stronger. it better not brake, i hate to be stranded somewhere :smoking: :smoking::ahhh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts