MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mileage should it be carried out and how much should it cost £?

Can anyone reommend a knowledgeable , reliable and above all honest MV dealer in the Midlands as i would not set foot in my supplying dealers premises if they were giving bikes away.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Steve
I know hes not a registered MV dealer but I get Sean at John Carr in Alfreton to do mine. He is brilliant, builds Ducati race bikes in his spare time. He knows everyone so can possibly get your booked stamped MV if you ask nicely.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Flushman

What mileage should it be done , is it 4.5k?

How many you got on yours now ?

Roll on summer!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
sat on about 4.5k same as you, most of that from my trip through France. Bikes not been out since end October, cant wait for a decent dry day so i can give it a run...... matlock is calling, will have to meet up there sometime this year.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes mate definatly , see if we can talk a few more into it .

Mines on 3400 at the moment , what mileage did you have you 2nd service done ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
My dealer has said the 2nd service should be done at 3500, Jap bikes are usually every 4000.

Hope this helps

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
1st service at 1000 Km, second at 6000 Km and then every 6000 Km afterwards. Major services at 12K and 24K, 36K, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Steve - it's 1st service at 1000 Km, second at 6000 Km and then every 6000 Km afterwards as mentioned previously - when you scroll through the dash settings it should give you the distance until the service is due.
I'm told that the 2nd service should cost £185.00
Who was your supplying dealer?

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the sevice intervals are 6000km then shouldn't the 2nd service be at 7000km (4200miles ) ?

I would rather not name the supplying dealer untill i have sorted my warranty issues out with Moto GB , if anyone needs to know where NOT to buy a new MV then PM me .

·
Registered
17 Posts
7000km is 4350 miles give or take a few yards so the second service should be at 4350 miles assuming you had your first service at 621 miles (1000km) - or 3728 miles from the first service.
As I mentioned before, if you scroll through the settings on the dash you will see the distance to service displayed - follow these steps... ignition on and side stand up, press Set twice and at the top of the screen it should say **SERVICE** and at the bottom it will say MILES XXXX which is the distance to the next service.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Countdown will display miles to next service at the end of the initial start check sequence when you are 1000km (621miles) from the next service so assuming your next service is due at 4350 miles it won't be displayed automatically until you done another 329 miles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts