MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not happy with the rear brake on my 1090, seems to lack any real bite, how about others 1090 owners out there?

·
Registered
456 Posts
basically it feels like its good for hill holding while stopped, good for parking lot low speed turning, but as far as real bite, its got nothing if you actually want to really stop with it.

the ducati rear brakes are just as much of a joke, i'm convinced that the only thing they are good for is slow speed maneauvers and chassis settling braking into a turn.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Agreed, suits my riding style though as I only use a little trail brake to settle the bike into a corner.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
basically it feels like its good for hill holding while stopped, good for parking lot low speed turning, but as far as real bite, its got nothing if you actually want to really stop with it.
my aprilia pegaso rear brake is excellent compared to the MV, come to think so is my old GT750 Suzuki!

·
Registered
76 Posts

the ducati rear brakes are just as much of a joke, i'm convinced that the only thing they are good for is slow speed maneauvers and chassis settling braking into a turn.
Sometimes it isn't even a good hill holding brake! works for the qaround town business but definetly not for getting serious.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Got 4k on my 1090 now and to be honest think the rear brake is pretty good , however i do often clean the disc with brake cleaner which must help keep the pads as they should be .
Try it .

The front brakes are definaitly the best i have ever used and couldn't imagine any better .

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G
The front brakes are definaitly the best i have ever used and couldn't imagine any better .
yes the front brakes are excellent, tried some SBS sinter pads in the rear, even worse! will try the disc cleaner but this winter may be a cast iron rear disc if I can find one....

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
took the pads out and roughed them up with some emery paper, changed the pedal position, pulled in the heel guard so I can get my foot over the pedal better.... now much improved.

·
Registered
215 Posts
got the 990r. had them bled twice until got a half decent break. I was told it's because the cylinder is by the exhaust and gets to hot!! dunno bet someone on here can confirm or deny..!!
Count yourself lucky the 989r was absolutely pants rear break.
I test rode the 1090 when it first came out at rockingham, nice bit of kit!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts