MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering if anyone has ever fitted a race style tail to a 1090 brutale. If so what fits? I have the standard 1090 with the one piece seat. So that might be my issue.

·
Registered
557 Posts
What kind of tail, do you have any example pics ? I have the single seat conversion on my 2015 Brutale, it just replaced the single seat. Maybe im mistaken, but I thought it was possible to replace the single piece seat with later 2 part or single with cover.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that is true. I have that stupid one piece one mine so I may have to convert to the double seat.I would love to put a race tail on and that might be the only way to do it

·
Registered
557 Posts
the conversion kit is not so expensive, then you just need front single seat (may find a used one on ebay) and rear seat cover colour matched to your bike . The colour matched seat cover is the most expensive part.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Might look into that kit. But i was thinking like a race F4 tail on a brutale... But not sure if that will work

·
Super Moderator
22,617 Posts
So get an F4 subframe and front hinge. Get a F4 tail and your are done.

The frame plates are the same between F4 and B4 so the parts should mount up
(The above statement (in bold) is under further evaluation...I think I screwed up here...)
The used market is your friend here for cost.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know. I did not think that the subframes mounting points were the same. Thanks for the post! I want to do this but it might be a longer process to acquire all the parts.

Are all F4 subframes interchangeable with the b4?

·
Super Moderator
22,617 Posts
@Theducman: This requires a bit more research. I screwed something up.

·
Registered
365 Posts
This link ain't working any ideas where I can find this conversion kit?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am still trying to see if I can fit a race tail to my bike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts