MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am about to take delivery on a 2013(new) 1090 RR, and have budgeted $500-800 in EXTRAS!:)

What were YOUR must/lust have MV Corse/dealer off-the-shelve add-ons!?

I initially sent the dealer a RFP for the following parts(all from the MV catalog):

-performance seat
-rearsets
-hid kit(MV's looks really, really slick -- thinner than the "slim ballasts" ive seen aftermarket)
-ergal levers

^^Dealer offered 20% off any MV accesories, but I didnt like the bang for the buck on the any of them, aside from the only $200 performance seat. The rearsets are probably the most needed(im 6'2, 33" inseam) but theyre twice as much as others ive seen online and seem fairly basic in design(function too) So I think the seat is a keeper, now what else!?

My first choice would be Quickshifter/software kit, but doesnt appear to be a common off the shelf dealer offering.. didnt see one in the catalog for the 1090, which makes me sad.. I also kinda like the look of the lower fairing(silver/red, which is the same as the bike) -- cos its a mod that you can take off or throw on for new look, with zero sacrifice.

So what did You buy at time of sale, what did you Want to Buy, and what have you been planning on buying next from you local dealers part shelves??

and eventhough the rearsets are least bang for the buck on the surface, they are probably still the BEST mod for the bike --- cos something tells me that a nice tailored fit for riding posture is something that really puts you in-tune with the bike... Did You have the same results??

I also saw a "reverse shift adapter/sensor", but i believe it is to keep the stock linkage(and just reconfigure the gear selector reading).... which makes me think its what is recommended with factory or Corse rearsets... I want to have GP shift, but with just the one lever directly fitted to the gearbox. I dont want it for racing, but for the improved action of the shifter feel has when getting rid of the linkage. Then, as you can guess, I need a QS to complete package..

Orrr.. should i go down the rabbit hole of getting Corse carbon fiber, leading to a neverending sick n twisted addiction to make every piece on the bike carbon? Seems like a slippery slope.. i honestly like it just fine without it, but the silver radiator covers are a distraction to the bikes sleek looks..

sorry for the kid in the candy store analysis paralysis query, lol. THanks for reading!

·
Registered
93 Posts
$500-$800 won't get you far if buying MV accessories from the dealer. Take a bit of time, shop around and do your research online. For what MV North America is listing for prices you can buy the same parts from forum sponsors, even considering exchange rates and shipping from Europe. I saved $1k buying the same exhaust from EuroBike verses paying the ransom that MV NA wants for it.

So long story short? As mentioned above get a hugger to keep the under-tail clean, levers are a personal preference but I went with a set of CRG folding / click-adjust levers, as for the rear-sets there's some nice ones but the factory RR sets are adjustable, I bought a set to use on my standard 1090.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hugger and mirrors

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
?

U idrunkentrader

skip the hugger......bike will still throw shit on your back and the TOP of the tail

your foot pegs are adjustable already

1st you need a rear stand......best bang for your buck.......a T-Rex with reversaíble handle......way more verasitle than a Pit Bull and alot less

wait a while until you can answer your question......then watch the F/S section and Ebay

:naughty::naughty:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thanks for all the input!! picking up the bike tomorrow(and hopefully getting on the dyno for a proper breakin, as the dealer has one in their shop)

so the hugger is unaniymous vote, yet potentially not as functional for keeping the rear road-gunk-free? The MV hugger looks pricey(~$300 list price)

I decided to drop the idea of financing any add-ons, so i closed the deal $14k with a seat(the only not-so-pricey add-on that didnt make me feel like a mooch for negotiating into the deal), however thats assuming they have one in-stock.. either way, im just gonna scoop $200 worth of "ah, why not" gear.. even if it's just a couple tshirts and a new pair of gloves, i dont care.. i see that if i am to really make a deal on some parts it's gonna come aftermarket, or used..

I'll take a look at the t-rex stand.. that is unless i can find a used Corse stand at half price! THose things are balllll-errrrrrr. Some CRG levers are a definite go, and maybe i'll slow play(read: slow to pay the price) for some tamburini pieces -- really digging the billet front and rear turnsignals and his gas caps..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Change your footpegs. Best mod I did to mine was switch the standard with a set of Rizoma ones. So much more grip!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So where's the new bike pics?

:)

here's a shitty pic from the night i picked it up... im so lazy with pics - all the pics i have of my bikes are from when i took pics to sell them, lol..

went in to buy the bike that was pictured online on the dealer's site(GP Motorcycles, from your hood, Red Baron) - red and silver, and it turned out the bike was gold/pearl white with red accents.. definitely a striking combo... digging the red frame, so I wasnt too bummed about it not being red/silver.. I was telling a buddy this story and mentioned that "the gold is regal, bro" and he said yeah, "buick regal champagne", lol..

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts