MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So after riding my new Brutale a few times I have come up with a list of things that need changing or additions that I feel I want/need.

I would like to hear from the forum on what changes you have made in these areas and why you like your choices. Pics would be appreciated.

Mirror/Turn Signals
Tail Tidy
Rearsets/Slippery Pegs
PC V with Auto Tune vs Microtec ECU
Exhaust System
Anything else you may have added or swapped out that you feel strongly about

Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
i've had mine for 3 months and over 2200 miles now and really can't think of anything i NEED to change , which is the reason i bought the new model over the old one , and probably the reason why i couldn't afford to if i wanted to .
If i could afford it i'd get the rear seat cowel but while the good weather is here i'll just buy petrol and enjoy .

Loving it , no money but no regrets.

Steve

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ok
Pegs. Changed mine for rizoma rear sets, didnt like the gear change mechanism on the rizoma one so I modified the existing gear change lever to work with the new pegs, now works peferct. Easy fix, just file down the adjustable peg to fit in the existing gear lever.

Exhaust. Put the corse full stubby system on, sounds awesome with the baffle in and mental with it out. System comes with a race ecu which I had installed when the exhaust was fitted, runs brilliantly. Also solves the problem of your right foot sticking out at an angle because of the stock exhaust set up.

Hugger. If you want to keep your bike clean on british roads its a must.

Belly pan. More for the look than anything else. Made a grill to fit in the hole to protect the oil cooler which I think the guys at MV Corse should have done.

Screen. Put a biondi screen on as I do a bit of touring and like to keep my neck muscles intact.

Mirrors. Still debating what to do about them, probably going to fit aftermarket indicators on the headlight bracket and fit a set of rizoma bar mounted lane splitters.

Got some pics in my album.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, Rizoma Rear Sets now on mine. I found the originals slippery and uncomfortable, but the Rizoma's are excellent.

Passenger seat off.............MV Corse seat cowl installed in white.

MV Corse carbon hugger being fitted next week, along with Rizoma tail-tidy and new Barracuda rear indicators.

Fi exhaust to be fitted after 1000-miles are clocked up. (512 miles at present)

Sennetti

·
Registered
210 Posts
flushman , does the small screen really make much difference ? would appreciate your opinion , thanks
Yeah a surprising difference, we were hitting speeds of over 150mph in europe and it coped well. Sustained motorway speeds (hours on end) of 95 are handled in relative comfort. I've set the screen quite upright and fitted some brackets at the back that sit on the headlight bracket to stop it working its way back towards the clock surround because its only held on by the two headlight screws. They are only listed for pre 2010 bikes and you will have to modify the fixings if your fitting it to a 2010 bike, just cut down the screws that come with the kit and use the original rubber grommet and metal sleeve from the bike.

Got all my parts from Gabriele at Evolution (Site sponsor)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a soft sole ride boot that makes sticking to the stock rear set no probem. I do agre that certain shoes/boots will slip off. I actually think the ride position fine and I am 6'1" - 6'2"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts