MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my mirrors is quite loose - the head is not secure to the arm.
For those who have seen the inside the head - is there a nut or bolt I can tighten up once the glass is out?
Is there a trick to pulling the glass out?
Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can't tighten it up unfortunately. It is easy to remove the glass but it there nothing to adjust inside. Just push it from the side it will come off. I had the same problem with my LH side mirror and had my dealer replace the whole assembly under warranty. But that did not help any. So I ended up installing a pair of Rizoma Elisse and Melotti LED blinkers.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43643&page=2

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
22,446 Posts
Use search and you will find a good description of how to remove the glass. One member had an innovative approch to looseness by using fine sand as a friction enhancer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put a piece of plastic sandwich wrap around the ball and re-installed the lens. It now holds the adjustment, no more having to constantly adjust. I un-crated the Brutale America for the showroom floor and guess what? The mirrors have been changed, the lens is stiff and the length/height is better for more vision. When we sell it, I will put the initial 10 miles on and see if the lens vibrates. Maybe the problems have been solved...I hope?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I must have the new style. The glass is VERY tight in the head - so tight it feels like it will break before moving. The issue is the head is loose on the arm.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I have brought to their attention, now we have to wait and see what the response is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts