MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you with 1090s, Have any of you replaced the mirror/TS pair and replaced them with either different mirrors or Bar Ends? It looks to me like the base of the stock mirror mount is a cast part that is also the lever perch and the master cylinder.

What did you do to clean this up????

Mark

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi

Removed my mirrors and relocated the indicators onto the headlight bracket. Fitted a set of rizoma radial naked mirrors. IMO it has improved the look, got rid of the annoying buzzing and given me mirrors that actually work.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removing Mirrors

When I looked at removing the stock mirrors it looks like the mirror base and the lever perch and the master cylinder are all one casting. Did I miss something????

·
Registered
210 Posts
No your right. Remove rubber cap and unbolt mirror stalk and your left with the bolt sticking out of the cast unit. Rizoma do mirrors that attach to that bit using their fitting kit. No one does a set with integrated indicators so you will need to decide what to do about the indicators. Oberon do a set of bar end indicators or its a case of relocating a set of aftermarket ones on the headlight bracket.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh. So that is what the fitting kit is for, Makes perfect sense now. Already have a set of Oberon just need the adapters for this sized bar. Pictures when this project is finished.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was considering the oberon and rizoma as well so look forward to the pics. I also ordered the Barracuda mirrors with integrated signals...I know they don't fit but I plan to see what I can do to remedy that in the machine shop.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You

Thanks Totale,

I didn't realize that those were available, Now I have to choose between the Rizoma Naked or the Bar Ends. Does anyone have experience with this choice, I'm looking for visibility here not Bling.

Mark

·
Registered
851 Posts
Bar ends every time if you want mirrors to see with! - just can't remember which ones were on the demo bike - will try and find pic for you.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks Totale,

I didn't realize that those were available, Now I have to choose between the Rizoma Naked or the Bar Ends. Does anyone have experience with this choice, I'm looking for visibility here not Bling.

Mark
I put a set of Rizoma type bar end mirrors on and the view behind is a lot better. Didnt like the look so took them off and fitted Rizoma radial naked mirrors.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Which gave you better visibility??
I've got the CRG's and they are only slightly better than stock. You can actually see something other than your elbow.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi

Removed my mirrors and relocated the indicators onto the headlight bracket. Fitted a set of rizoma radial naked mirrors. IMO it has improved the look, got rid of the annoying buzzing and given me mirrors that actually work.
Do you have to fit resistors with the led indicators?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Billy

I see your in Barnsley not to far from me.
I've still got the set of Rizoma type bar end mirrors which I took off my Brutale. If you fancy riding down to Chesterfield to pick them up you can have em. I've got the Rizoma radial naked fitted now with the turn signals relocated onto the headlight bracket which you can take a look at to see if that would suit you better.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Billy

I've still got the set of Rizoma type bar end mirrors which I took off my Brutale. If you fancy riding down to Chesterfield to pick them up you can have em. I've got the Rizoma radial naked fitted now with the turn signals relocated onto the headlight bracket which you can take a look at to see if that would suit you better.
Many thanks for the offer but am not a big fan of the bar end type, going to order some Rizoma conventional mount type, not sure which ones yet.

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Flushman

Billy

Don't want to appear cheeky but if you're still looking to part with the bar ends I'm in the market for a pair for my 910:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts