MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contacted MV in Italy and asked if the following will be supplied with the bike when it arrives this week:

Paddock stand
Battery charger
Cover

From 2010 no longer supplied, sad really as could have been a very nice touch, but at least they answered my email.

Have also contacted the UK importer on another topic, not impressed with them thus far!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Contacted MV in Italy and asked if the following will be supplied with the bike when it arrives this week:

Paddock stand
Battery charger
Cover

From 2010 no longer supplied, sad really as could have been a very nice touch, but at least they answered my email.

Have also contacted the UK importer on another topic, not impressed with them thus far!
i have a similar veiw on the uk importer as well as they only reply to e-mails when they can be bothered.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here in the US the cover and stand were not included starting with the 1078 in 09.

No matter - I found an OEM stand on Ebay for $100 (that's about 10 quid for you blokes :banghead:)

·
Registered
583 Posts
My dealer sold me my cover. A week or so after buying the bike I found out the cover was included, he gave me a real deal almost $300 on the cover. But the stand was included.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Not Included with 2010

When I purchased my '09, the dealer included the cover, charger and stand. When the '10 came out, I heard that some of those items weren't included. I emailed the factory and here's the reply I received from MV USA. All of these items were included in the sale; 2009 and prior.

--------------------------------------

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that MV Agusta model year 2010 units do not come with the battery charger, stand, or cover included.

For additional information regarding our products, and to locate your nearest dealer, please visit us online at www.mvagustausa.com.

Thank you for your support of the MV Agusta brand.

Kind regards,
Gina

Gina Christian
[email protected]

MV AGUSTA USA LLC – North American Distributor for MV Agusta & Cagiva Motorcycles
2300 Maryland Road, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania 19090-1709 USA
Office Phone +1.215.830.3300 x 105 - Office Fax +1.215.830.3301
www.mvagustausa.com

·
Registered
456 Posts
my 1090 didn't come with any of that stuff but it came with a battery that doesn't hold charge... that is one option that is not something you want, going tomorrow to exchange it under warranty from dealer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The shop says they will include a paddock stand so that's ok, its just sad that all 3 items must be peanuts to MV but were a nice touch to include with the bike.

·
Registered
241 Posts
FYI...my 2009 1078rr did indeed include the cover, stand and charger. Just another data point.

Here in the US the cover and stand were not included starting with the 1078 in 09.

No matter - I found an OEM stand on Ebay for $100 (that's about 10 quid for you blokes :banghead:)

·
Registered
204 Posts
FYI...my 2009 1078rr did indeed include the cover, stand and charger. Just another data point.
That's a bummer - well, mine was used and I don't believe the original owner gave those items to the dealer to go with the bike...

I'm not sure that the original owner got those things... Oh well, I'm fine without them.

Glad you guys got yours.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
My dealer refused to give me the stand and only reluctantly agreed to let me have it when he thought I was going to back out of the deal. 'After' I bought the bike...he then introduced the cover...and offered to sell me it. I contacted 'moto gb' (the UK importer) regarding this. They (their warranty manager) replied, apologised...and sent me a cover. Later I spoke to an ex employee of the dealership and he admitted that the shop were trying to rip me off as he said they discussed trying to sell me the cover etc each time I came into the shop. Fortunately this dealership is now out of business. They did give me the charger though when I bought the bike....implying a kind gesture!.......paying £14000 for a premium brand bike....I expected better treatment!!. Brian. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MV-AGUSTA-Original-battery-charger-/110637654258?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19c284a0f2 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MV-AGUSTA-PADDOCK-STAND-/110637657765?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19c284aea5e If your'e interested these are fore sale on ebay.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I got the cover and the charger along with a free delivery to my house as they also picked up my 750 sight unseen as a trade in. But they forgot the stand so I kept my old one. They also gave me the first service free along with another pickup and delivery. From Long Island to Connecticut.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
The shop says they will include a paddock stand so that's ok, its just sad that all 3 items must be peanuts to MV but were a nice touch to include with the bike.
Which other motorcycle manufacturer is giving You such things with the bike ? Yes they cost maybe only 100 Dollars all together for the manufacturer. And sure they were a nice addition. Not every MV in the last 12 Years came with a Cover or a Battery Charger. Right the Stand was always included. Now You can find long threads in the forum about how much better other stands are and how much crap the OEM stand is.
I honestly think that the model year 2010 Brutale and F4 are significantly lower priced than before. MV Agusta has to be anywhere competitive and profitable and save on, as You say, peanuts.
If a dealer is throwing a Cover or anything like that into the deal it is off of his sales profit. It would be very generous if a dealer does this. Don't forget that the margin for dealers is only in the range of single digit percents. A 100 Dollar Cover is in deed a set back for a dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts