MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Some of us want Japanese Like! I bagged myself pulling out on my Ducati this morn when it stalled! Those twins don't like to be run when not warmed up, and open Termis do not make neighbourly relations very good at 7am.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If by saying "japanese feel" they mean that the engine is smoother (no on-off throttle and easier to handle on low rews) and the bike is easier to control and more comfy then I guess thats a good thing but if the feel of the previous brute is missing then its its not what I want.

Just my thoughts. Cant say much unless I try it out.:naughty: maybe I might like the japenese feel. :lightning

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I like (some) Japanese bikes. I've owned several. If I want another Japanese bike, I'll buy one made in Japan, not Italy.
If I want another Italian bike I want one made in Italy, that behaves and looks like an Italian bike, and gives me that feeling that one can only get riding an Italian bike.
The best part about the 'old' Brutales (and what set them apart from all other 'nakeds') is that they were literally a naked superbike. Same engine, chassis, suspension, wheels, etc. with handlebars and sans bodywork. All the Japanese 'nakeds' are stripped-down, purpose built sport-standards built for comfort with old engines, floppy frames and cheap parts. Like the 'new' Brutale.

The Brutale should be a naked F4. Not a "japanese-like" standard.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I said Japanese like, In terms of rideability. I bought the Brutale as an alter ego to the Ducati, and I'm very pleased. I don't want fueling issues and a brutally uncomfortable ride for my commute to work, but still want a savage animal when occaision calls. I think the 1090 offers both, and you certainly would not call it "Japanese". I have owned many, from V-MAX to Magna to GSXR-1100 to ZZR400. This bike is not remotely similar, but is very rideable. That is what I meant.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I like (some) Japanese bikes. I've owned several. If I want another Japanese bike, I'll buy one made in Japan, not Italy.
If I want another Italian bike I want one made in Italy, that behaves and looks like an Italian bike, and gives me that feeling that one can only get riding an Italian bike.
The best part about the 'old' Brutales (and what set them apart from all other 'nakeds') is that they were literally a naked superbike. Same engine, chassis, suspension, wheels, etc. with handlebars and sans bodywork. All the Japanese 'nakeds' are stripped-down, purpose built sport-standards built for comfort with old engines, floppy frames and cheap parts. Like the 'new' Brutale.

The Brutale should be a naked F4. Not a "japanese-like" standard.

except for maybe the Tuono, no?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
If their review of both bikes was based on half a day putzing around the city of Bologna, then I personally feel that they don't have enough feedback on either bike to make a reasonable comparison. Neither the Ducati or the MV was designed to ride in the inner city at 50% throttle and RPM. Kinda like Usain Bolt in high heels, eh?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If their review of both bikes was based on half a day putzing around the city of Bologna, then I personally feel that they don't have enough feedback on either bike to make a reasonable comparison. Neither the Ducati or the MV was designed to ride in the inner city at 50% throttle and RPM. Kinda like Usain Bolt in high heels, eh?
Agree...although Usain in high heels as an image in my mind at 8 am in the morning is not an ideal start to the day...

Deleting image now...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I said Japanese like, In terms of rideability. I bought the Brutale as an alter ego to the Ducati, and I'm very pleased. I don't want fueling issues and a brutally uncomfortable ride for my commute to work, but still want a savage animal when occaision calls. I think the 1090 offers both, and you certainly would not call it "Japanese". I have owned many, from V-MAX to Magna to GSXR-1100 to ZZR400. This bike is not remotely similar, but is very rideable. That is what I meant.
+100

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
except for maybe the Tuono, no?
Except that the Tuono was always based on the 'old', or previous-gen RSVR; If they actually release a naked RSV4 before coming out with a new superbike, they'll break that trend, but I don't see it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
[ Kinda like Usain Bolt in high heels, eh?]

Usain in high heels could still outrun most of us in our fancy nike's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man, you Euro snobs kill me. I think he meant "Japanese like" in a good way. As in, in overall performance Japanese bikes tend to be superior and be more rideable than European bikes at half the price. The best thing about European bikes is the styling and that is thankfully the one thing MV didn't change!

I've wanted a Brutale for years now, but I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a bike that is useless day to day. I would say Harleys stewardship of MV was successful if they got me in the saddle of a Brutale, and I am a Buell owner so I effing HATE Harley Davidson!

After all of that for you fashion whores, it may have been the red but, I found the Ducati far more eye catching rolling down the street in that video. I've sat on one though and it isn't a bike I could live with. Although I have discovered, between the instant torque and the noise, V-twins are a lot more fun on the streets.:yo:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts