MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
1078/312.r

my firts mv,was a 312R used,for the curent price of an used 312r compare whit tha 1078 new that i have i whould not sell it!not that im unsatisfaid whit the bike but the 312r is a great bike!for the money ad spend trading it could steel have the brutale!thats my opinion!mine is a white 2010,but stili ope tho by a 910r or 1078 brtutale next tho this one!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
As you probably know Mike I don't own either model but I have ridden both and I would go for the 1078 if I was choosing between the two.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As some of you may remember I had a 312R for six weeks in the summer of '08, before binning it on a trackday.

I have fond memories of that bike, though even fonder of the 1078RR, which is probably in some respects (slightly more comfortable suspension, better brakes, a bit more midrange) an even better bike. Only disadvantage of the 1078RR I can think of is that engine, which can be seen as just too much.

It's more of a money thing really; I'm getting tired of spending money on motorbikes.

·
Registered
723 Posts
In my opinion 1078 all the way, as you mentioned more bike for the money, better brembos, better marzochi, better engine...but if you find a good deal on 312R!:smoking:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Looking through this weeks MCN, The UK (GBMoto) still have brand new 1078 RR's available, £10999

·
Registered
16 Posts
As some of you may remember I had a 312R for six weeks in the summer of '08, before binning it on a trackday.

I have fond memories of that bike, though even fonder of the 1078RR, which is probably in some respects (slightly more comfortable suspension, better brakes, a bit more midrange) an even better bike. Only disadvantage of the 1078RR I can think of is that engine, which can be seen as just too much.

It's more of a money thing really; I'm getting tired of spending money on motorbikes.
look mike,for me mv whill always be mv!this bike will never fade or be out of date!some may dissagree but new mvs(no thanks)is my opinion of course!i have a f4 1078 2010,but in a litre bike as you said the bmw s1000r whil be my choiçe!to put a lot of km,but for a wekeend use!i still prefer the roar of an mv!

·
Registered
871 Posts
A little OT but I need to know how to do good "drag" starts on my 1078. Got Ass whipped by a Ninja 10R. I might have been ok if I got off the line good but the Damn front tire goes against laws of gravity. Love doing twisties all day but here in Indianapolis we get creative on Sat nights about 1am for some fast bike/car side by side fun. I've ridden both and dig mine.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
11,000.00 GBP = 12,542.33 EUR (+ BPM~3000,-extra for NL)
is almost half price from new in 2009
I remember them at over £16K in the UK,:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
If I could find an unregistered R312, that is what i'd get again.

However, there are none!

So I have agreed on a new white/black RR312 mono, 09my which looks loveley.

I will keep the R312 regardless, and repair it possibly, but also may take it to bits and box it up.

IMO, the thou is the one.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, possibly for financial reasons as much as for other reasons, I've let my eyes fall on a 15k kms 2007 white/black 312R monoposto, in very good nick.

Test rode it yesterday and I noted the following:

1 A worn front Q RR doesn't combine well with a brand new rear Q II. Particularly at slow speeds the thing wanted to plow on quite a bit. Easily rectified by having two new Sportstmarts fitted.

2 What an engine, even in standard form (so no RG3's and Race ECU)! Totally seamless power delivery, less bullish midrange than the 1078RR, but that's to be expected and could even be considered a plus, as the 1078RR (with RG3's and Race ECU) really has A LOT OF power...

3 Brembo monoblocs fitted to the 312R are a bit more grabby than those on the 1078RR (and that's how I remembered them). You get used to it.

4 Great bike...; could use a few upgrades, but I'll skip the carbonfibre galore bit this time.

Now if anyone got any good tips on ground anchors and chains.... :hitit:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just clinical observations. You might have noticed that the 312R has almost the same power as the Y10 F4R, albeit with better midrange. Again, just an observation.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Lies, damned lies and statistics

Just clinical observations. You might have noticed that the 312R has almost the same power as the Y10 F4R, albeit with better midrange. Again, just an observation.
They lied...

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak agruments, and the tendency of people to disparage statistics that do not support their positions. It is also sometimes colloquially used to doubt statistics used to prove an opponent's point.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Negligible differences, particularly considering two different dyno's were used, and remarkably similar torque graph...

I was referring to the 312R with RG3's and MV race ECU of course, allowing the engine to do what it was designed to do.

:smoking: :conveyer:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts