MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always didn't like the Red/Silver paint job MV did on the 1078RR, so I stripped it down and had it done in traditional Red. I personally think this is how it should look. No weird strips hiding the lines of the bike.

I had a Carbonvani Carbon Rear Seat Cover painted up too. I wish MV would have done this from the factory. It's a beautiful piece!

Some may say I'm crazy!!!:crazyeyes:crazyeyes

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
hey resom,
nice job!! any thoughts on getting the wheels, swingarm, side plates and tripple clamp done in gold, to me that would then look awesome, by the way i really like your rear seat cowl where did you get it from it looks like it fits perfectly. mine fits ok but could be better.

cheers

James

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Umm, I think it looked better before. But if you like it, thats all that matters.

·
Registered
325 Posts
hey resom,
nice job!! any thoughts on getting the wheels, swingarm, side plates and tripple clamp done in gold, to me that would then look awesome, by the way i really like your rear seat cowl where did you get it from it looks like it fits perfectly. mine fits ok but could be better.

cheers

James
+2 nice job , thats a slick cowl, more info???

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I always didn't like the Red/Silver paint job MV did on the 1078RR, so I stripped it down and had it done in traditional Red. I personally think this is how it should look. No weird strips hiding the lines of the bike.

I had a Carbonvani Carbon Rear Seat Cover painted up too. I wish MV would have done this from the factory. It's a beautiful piece!

Some may say I'm crazy!!!:crazyeyes:crazyeyes
Others say you are brilliant :smoking: Brilliant job, absolutely beautiful. :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
hey resom,

cheers

James
I really like both paint jobs. I do agree with James too, that a little gold would work a treat. Although then it may look more like a 1078 Serie Oro?

Nice work - and good initiative...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments guys.

I think the only thing I'm going to do now is replace all the black plastic parts with Carbon, possibly the front fender and silver side covers too. I think that will give it more of an aggresive look.

The rear cowl is a beautiful, well made piece by Carbonvani. It was almost a shame to paint it red because the carbon was laid up so nicely. The fit is really good, but I did have to space out the factory MV Latch Post that came installed by about .200". Once I did that if fit perfectly. It was a bit pricey including shipping to the U.S. @ $270, but once I saw the quality I was happy. Design Corse (Site Sponser) sells a similar unit too.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Resom thanls for that do you have a website or a contact for these guy's, i have seen the one from design corse and it is good but not the same as yours or mine, i paid 200 pounds for mine from Emoto before they really started to piss people off, it has a really nice profile which is what i'm after.

James

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Resom thanls for that do you have a website or a contact for these guy's, i have seen the one from design corse and it is good but not the same as yours or mine, i paid 200 pounds for mine from Emoto before they really started to piss people off, it has a really nice profile which is what i'm after.

James
Hey James,

You can contact Carbonvani directly. They are prompt to answer their emails. carbonvani.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts