MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My 1078 is overheating, getting to 120+ on a run. Runs fine, no warming lights, just the temperature reading. I pulled over to let it cool for a bit before bringing it home.

Testing in the garage, both hoses to to the rad get warm pretty quickly, so I presume the thermostat is open and the water is circulating. The fan comes on at 92, and the temperature rise slows, even dropped a degree from 95 to 94, but still continues to rise. I switched off at 100.

I have a Microtec ecu ftted, I've emailed X Bikes to see what Chris thinks.

Any ideas what I try next please?

Thanks
Baz

·
Registered
517 Posts
Something is not right I was out on my F4 312RR 1078 today in Northants/Oxon so ambients would be similar to Coventry.

My bike has a Microtec--Decat--Bodis slip ons--Aloy fans--Samco hoses--Design Corse billet water pump and some sort of better coolant.

When running she was between 68 & 72 and in traffic or stationery she got to 90 tops.

We were not always hanging around so airflow helps. Get it to Chris you may have a head gasket gone or something related to this type of failure.

Allan

·
Vendor
5,359 Posts
Switching the fans on is adjustable with the microtec,so it may be as simple as an adjustment to have the fans come on at around 85 degrees.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
?

'08 910R with MicroTec fans come at 85C ...... ABSOLUTELY will not go over 92C

stock water pump, Arrow Thunder w/o dB Killers

test your temperature sensor........if it tests OK ...... email Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all... looks like temp sensor next, soooo doesn't it have 2, and which one please?

There's not one in the radiator, as I read in other posts.

Thanks for replies, great forum.

Baz

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Temp sensor seems to be the culprit. If I short 2 pins in it the fans run fine. Initial price for a new sensor is £64!! Are they a standard part available any cheaper elsewhere does anyone know?

Part number is 8000A7511

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I just posted in another thread on possible replacement for the two wire system, I assume you have the 4 wire sensor ?
Check the link, Tridon has an online catalogue which details the plug fitment very well and they sell on eBay so might be a good cheap option.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189666
Give us the Jeager part number which is on the actual sensor please ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, 4 wires. Fan is erratic coming on and off. Temp display is generally stable, but occasionally jumps. I ran the bike for 10mins or so, with sensor shorted (fans on), then plugged the sensor back in, read 88 centigrade so I'm hoping its just the sensor.

I'll whip it out later, already loosened it, but bike was still hot, so didnt take it out.

I saw a post on putting an override manual fan switch in, seems a good idea, any thoughts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just posted in another thread on possible replacement for the two wire system, I assume you have the 4 wire sensor ?
Check the link, Tridon has an online catalogue which details the plug fitment very well and they sell on eBay so might be a good cheap option.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189666
Give us the Jeager part number which is on the actual sensor please ?

The writing on the sensor (4 wire):
Euroswitch
19/09 (could be 13/09)

I've ordered one from Star twin trading for 97 Euros! :bawling:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts