1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep i did wonder about those. I wonder if they would offer any shock absorbing properties though if the worst happens?
They look good though :grin2:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
They will protect the Frame in this Area, but even the bulkiest Hockey Pucks will not safe Your Bike from being totalled in the worst case.
The Parts like Tank, Fairings, Handle Bars, Controls, Forks, Wheels, Exhaust and not to be mentioned the right hand bottom of the Engine will be shot.
The Cost to rebuild Your Bike after a mildly serious Crash will outweigh the Value of Your Bike.
In the End are those Frame Protectors mere Placebos.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just looking to get some frame/engine protectors for my 1078RR. Looking for something other than the standard R&G round ones, does anyone have any reccomendations?
If I was in the USA then I would be tempted by this kit as looks comprehensive and well designed but I am not as in the UK.

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2008-2015-Brutale-Combo-Kit-p/n181combo.htm
I have the full T-rex kit on my Brutale 990R.

I like the look of the frame sliders. I put thick 3M clear abrasion tape on the frame underneath to prevent scratches from install and normal use. I don't expect the tape to help if I drop it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the engine sliders from T-Rex on my 910R. They are okay I guess. Not the prettiest and I did have some minor fitment issues with the right side cover (imperfect hole alignment).

Be very careful/specific with your model if you choose to order. The first right side cover I received did not fit at all, though they did send a fitting one at no charge.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Bought a cheap puck type ,bike went over in the garage ,no damage ,Now thats called a low speed crash . Really at speed don't think they would do much ,would all depend on what type of accident you have ,anyway only cost me 100 bucks by memory.
cheers Eddy

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts