MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, just picked up a 1078RR with full Arrow exhaust. It still has the OE ECU and no piggyback like the PC V. Kind of stumbles on the low end pretty bad.
I've seen/read that people use a PC V, or a factory race ECU or reprogramming the OE ECU.
Whats my best choice? I have the DB killer installed.
Thanks for the opinions and absolutely love this brute!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Race ecu with pc5 then have a dyno tune,perfect,you will not beleive the change is this bike,shit loads better fuel consumption,snatchy throttle all gone,more power ,works for me.
otherwise use a microtec.But you will have to get it on a dyno ? can this be done where you are not to sure other members have more knowledge on this. ps:when you put in the race ecu and pc5 make sure you adjust the idle screws first before getting it on a dyno.one is located on the lh side when you are sitting on the bike and the other is under the tank,get the idle rpm around 1300 when the fans are off,because once they come on your idle will drop to about 1200 rpm,you will figure it out.use the pc5 software and laptop to to this.very easy.
cheers eddy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I need both? Doesn't the race ECU take care of everything? PC V with switchable maps for when/if I remove the DB killer?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
So I need both? Doesn't the race ECU take care of everything? PC V with switchable maps for when/if I remove the DB killer?

Thanks for the help!
Yes,you need both.the maps on the power commander site are way out,there air fuel mixture on there maps is pretty poor,just go and have 2 maps made up for your bike ,2 minute job to import the dyno maps into the powercommander,one mape with db killer and one without.very easy setup.anyway even without the dyno you will notice a big difference.the race ecu will disable the lambada sensor otherwise you can not map under the 20 percent throttle position and that is why you are having the snatchy throttle problem,do this setup it will totally change your bike.:)
cheers

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Thanks Dave,correct, I am just to many miles away,so I did everything myself.Just did it a bit different.but it still solved all my problems.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
After some searching, I found a race ECU and am installing it.
MV's price increase for a new, from the factory, ECU is now $1720!

I got it for about $800 new, the place has another one left!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
After some searching, I found a race ECU and am installing it.

wtf,your kidding I paid 320.00 dollars ,what a rip off.:lightning

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hang on, design corse has them for 464.00 dollars on their site.Have no idea why you payed so much ,maybe I have missed something ?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Someone should be flogged :cussing::bandit::banghead:

Eddy, this appears to be the normal pricing for MV now. Can you imagine prices when the AU$ drops...... :bash:

Earth to MV, earth to MV, stop gouging your loyal and suffering customers.

I'm not quite sure what business strategy your using............But please stop :stopp::shocker:

Sorry about the rant Dave, I feel better now:smoking: IMHO I would recommend the Microtec ECU from X-Bikes :)
MV's NEW :nutkick: prices guarantees that the Microtec is better bang for buck now.....easily.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Someone should be flogged :cussing::bandit::banghead:

Eddy, this appears to be the normal pricing for MV now. Can you imagine prices when the AU$ drops...... :bash:

Earth to MV, earth to MV, stop gouging your loyal and suffering customers.

I'm not quite sure what business strategy your using............But please stop :stopp::shocker:

Sorry about the rant Dave, I feel better now:smoking: IMHO I would recommend the Microtec ECU from X-Bikes :)
MV's NEW :nutkick: prices guarantees that the Microtec is better bang for buck now.....easily.
yep, Rob this is just crazy stuff,there is no way in the world you can justify a price like that on a bloody computer chip,probably made in china for 10 bucks.What a joke wake up mv.:jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hang on, design corse has them for 464.00 dollars on their site.Have no idea why you payed so much ,maybe I have missed something ?
What? Did I get ripped off or what? I e mailed Pro Italia and got the $1720 price so when I found one at Motovation for $765 I thought that was a good deal.

I see that Design Corse has them listed for $451.82 now. Hmmmm,
I wonder if they have them in stock or would have to order at MV's new pricing?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
What? Did I get ripped off or what? I e mailed Pro Italia and got the $1720 price so when I found one at Motovation for $765 I thought that was a good deal.

I see that Design Corse has them listed for $451.82 now. Hmmmm,
I wonder if they have them in stock or would have to order at MV's new pricing?
Just pm AI, great service delivery is super fast.
cheers eddy:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts