MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT : Found it, is in the manual. Overlooked it. Thanks anyway!

Hello!

We can't seem to find the right chain adjustment settings in the manuals for my 1078RR Brutale.
The workshop manual shows it for the 750s/oro, 910S/R but not for my 1078RR. Normally it should be on the chain guard as well (space between chain and sprocket cover should be between 6-11mm depending on model) but i don't know what mine should be as one of the previous owners apparently removed it from the cover......

Does anyone know what the right setting should be? i don't know if it matters but the rear sprocket on my bike is changed from a 43 tooth to a 39 tooth sprocket.

Thanks!
Kjeld

·
Vendor
5,329 Posts

Hello!

We can't seem to find the right chain adjustment settings in the manuals for my 1078RR Brutale.
The workshop manual shows it for the 750s/oro, 910S/R but not for my 1078RR. Normally it should be on the chain guard as well (space between chain and sprocket cover should be between 6-11mm depending on model) but i don't know what mine should be as one of the previous owners apparently removed it from the cover......

Does anyone know what the right setting should be? i don't know if it matters but the rear sprocket on my bike is changed from a 43 tooth to a 39 tooth sprocket.

Thanks!
Kjeld

Welcome to the forum.
The correct chain adjustment is 6mm between the chain guard and chain.
You can download the correct manual for your bike from Donsy's website.All the info is there for you.
Here is a link to make it easy for you-
Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
No doubt you will have read about the need to have the chain set loose, and don't overtighten the pinch bolts.
I am surprised at the sprocket size change. Did you do it or was it the previous owner? Do you do lots of open road high speed riding?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hello!

Thanks!
Kjeld

Welcome to the forum.
The correct chain adjustment is 6mm between the chain guard and chain.
You can download the correct manual for your bike from Donsy's website.All the info is there for you.
Here is a link to make it easy for you-
Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta
I already found it (9mm) and i am aware of not overtightening the bolts. Thanks! Post the updates on how we did servicing the hub.

No doubt you will have read about the need to have the chain set loose, and don't overtighten the pinch bolts.
I am surprised at the sprocket size change. Did you do it or was it the previous owner? Do you do lots of open road high speed riding?
It was the previous owner! It makes a very big difference. Speedo gives actual speed and (compared to my dad's 910r which is original and stock the same gearing and sprockets as 1078rr) it makes around 700-800 rpm's less than the 910r. Speedo gives at 130kmh around 7 kmh less than the 910r so it is much quiter and calmer on the highway. Should give a better fuel economy on the highway as well, at least the last ride on the highway was more economical than expected. Works for me! Torque enough and relaxed riding for me :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts