MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What´s the best exhaust option for a 1078 track bike performance wise?

I don´t care to much about the looks, just performance.

Anybody with dyno charts maybe?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
What´s the best exhaust option for a 1078 track bike performance wise?

I don´t care to much about the looks, just performance.

Anybody with dyno charts maybe?

Sir will be requiring a ZARD!!!! full system then. Huge, gigantic, massive boost to mid range ridability and torque plusa nice sound and some extra top end power, big bonus though is the mid range boost to pwoer and torque.

Also a Microtec while you're there for even more of everything everywhere ;)

attached is a dyno sheet from our 2006 1000R race bike. It didn't even have a microtec fitted to it as this run is 5 years old. However the gain in the middle is the same, All MV's have the dip that a twin can full system removes, i just happen to think that the zard is slightly better out of the available full systems.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Congrats on the 1078 312RR I see from the profile that you bought a new one in the end.

Surely a Bodis full system would be best, as you are then dealing with a German company i.e. local

Allan

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Allan,

no, I had this bike before! It´s my street bike.
I will go for another 1078 and convert it to a track bike.
Will keep the other 1078 and use in on the street.

I found now another 1078 in germany which I will have to check
this week.

thank´s again for all your patience and efforts.

DANIEL

Congrats on the 1078 312RR I see from the profile that you bought a new one in the end.

Surely a Bodis full system would be best, as you are then dealing with a German company i.e. local

Allan

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Chris,

thank´s for your advice. I already thought about the ZARD system or the Arrow Thunder competition. Both seem to increase the power by around 12hp!

What is your experience with the ZARD quality wise?
Do you have a sound file or a video clip where we can here the bike
running with the ZARD system?

P.S. Did you already ship out the missing connector for my microtec???

brgds,
DANIEL

Sir will be requiring a ZARD!!!! full system then. Huge, gigantic, massive boost to mid range ridability and torque plusa nice sound and some extra top end power, big bonus though is the mid range boost to pwoer and torque.

Also a Microtec while you're there for even more of everything everywhere ;)

attached is a dyno sheet from our 2006 1000R race bike. It didn't even have a microtec fitted to it as this run is 5 years old. However the gain in the middle is the same, All MV's have the dip that a twin can full system removes, i just happen to think that the zard is slightly better out of the available full systems.

:)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Hi Chris,

thank´s for your advice. I already thought about the ZARD system or the Arrow Thunder competition. Both seem to increase the power by around 12hp!

What is your experience with the ZARD quality wise?
Do you have a sound file or a video clip where we can here the bike
running with the ZARD system?

P.S. Did you already ship out the missing connector for my microtec???

brgds,
DANIEL
Ah it's so hard putting user names to real names sometimes, i thought i knew who you were but wasn't sure. Yeah the connector has left already, shoudl be with you any time soon.

Quality is pretty good, all in stainless steel so not the lightest but i prefer the looks as the cans are neat and suit the rear of the F4. This is of course just my opinion but i think the arrow cans are too thin and square for the rear of the MV.

Also the headers etc polish up lovely and turn a wonderful shade of gold when used :)

Not got a sound clip but will see what i can do for you.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Dear Allan,

no, I had this bike before! It´s my street bike.
I will go for another 1078 and convert it to a track bike.
Will keep the other 1078 and use in on the street.

I found now another 1078 in germany which I will have to check
this week.

thank´s again for all your patience and efforts.

DANIEL

So what do 1078 bikes go for over in Europe???

As far as exhausts go.....Arrow/FBF/Gianelli igive pretty good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there are still some brand new 1078 at the dealers, being offered
between 15-16.000 EUR incl. VAT.
Used ones with low km going for around 11-13.000 EUR.

I know which exhaust are on the market. My question was which one is best performance wise!

So far it looks like ARROW Thunder competition and ZARD are the ones to go for.

So what do 1078 bikes go for over in Europe???

As far as exhausts go.....Arrow/FBF/Gianelli igive pretty good bang for the buck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts